Land plots without planning permission

There was a segment on some TV prog or another a few months ago where they visited a site where something similar to what you describe had gone on, but years ago. Apparently lots of people bought into it, and some roads were even laid out, but they never got planning and it had all reverted back to the wild.

Stunning site on a clifftop with fantastic sea views, you could see why people had been sucked in. I can't remember where it was though, sorry. I'd be very careful of investing in anything like that.

There's woodland/moorland plots available all over the country that you can't build on but can use for camping/coppicing etc. The idea really appeals to me and if I were 30 years younger, I'd be inclined to go for one of those.

Has anyone had experience of buying lots of land where a tract of land is split in to house sized plots but the actual land is without planning permission?

http://www.perfectplot.co.uk/location.asp?Location=31

Thinking of having a flutter on a few plots but am wondering what folk know.

Surely if the owner could get planning permission they would as that would greatly increase the land value wouldn't it?

I used to get mailshots from a company like that.

Was about five years ago, there was a plot somewhere near meadowhall that really caught my attention. I took thought maybe it would be worth a flutter.

But then I read many many bad things about these kind of setups. And absolute common sense dictates that if the land owner could get planning permission, or thought they could, they would keep it all for themselves and make a million, instead of doing us a "favour" offering 5-10k plots.

Archived