Been Eating MacDonalds All Week. The Aftermath.

The difference is purposefully spraying something with a poison that says 'organic' on the label, or spraying it with a different poison.

http://www.co-operative.coop/food/ethics/Environmental-impact/Guide-to-pesticides/What-are-pesticides-used-for/

Those are still potent poisons, whether they're organic or not.

don't eat it then. I will safe in the knowledge that I am ingesting much less poison and doing less environmental harm.

Pregnant women in the uk still have ddt in their breast milk because it is allowed for use in other countries where we get our veg from. That is scary!

Agreeing to not do something is completely different to not being allowed to do something.

Maybe you were just being flippant, but the choice of wording is a bad one. Compromise is very different to control.

Obviously I'm ignorant of everything except what you choose to share, which so far was that you don't allow your partner to eat certain things... If you don't want to invite comments on such a think, then just don't say it!

Agreeing to not do something is completely different to not being allowed to do something.

Maybe you were just being flippant, but the choice of wording is a bad one. Compromise is very different to control.

Obviously I'm ignorant of everything except what you choose to share, which so far was that you don't allow your partner to eat certain things... If you don't want to invite comments on such a think, then just don't say it!

Its not really compromising, his choice is going out with me or not. I would not go out with anyone that ate fois gras etc. One thing he likes about me is that I care about things, so he is happy to go without certain things. Its not controlling at all its something that I will not compromise on in a partner.

Your judgment was unnecessary and irrelevant:P

Also he hates shopping so I get to make virtually all the food related decisions.

You invited judgement by making the statement.

The reality isn't that you don't allow him to eat certain things, it's that he chooses not to eat them in order to maintain the relationship with you, a completely different thing to what you originally said. The surest way to check that is to tell him that he can't eat something that he likes to eat, I'd bet a fiver that he ignores your instruction.

McDomald's and many other fast food chains have the American traveller in mind. When you're on a drive, perhaps about 1000 miles or so, you want something quick, easy amd palatable to a degree that you know anywhere in the US. Mickeys have so mesmerized the kids, that to them its a banquet. I eat there when i go out on a job, normally just for breakfast because their coffee is first rate, and their burritos aren't too bad either. But I would never take my wife there for dinner or treat my friends there. With the grandkids I take them to Friendly's or Bob Evans, neither of which are available in the UK.:)

Well the Maccys I've see have a cross section of people, and on my Six day binge I saw the same kinda people. Sale's reps, white van men and the same families every single day!

Basically you gets whats you pays for. If you're a meat lover then eat at a good steak house. When we eat out we go to Claim Jumper where the steaks are prime US Department of Agriculture grade. They are always busy at weekends and sometimes there is a waiting line for tables but there is a nice bar attached to the restaurant and you can enjoy your favorite tipple until the little hand held alarm they issue you with when you sign in starts flashing, then you go back to the check in desk and a smiling waitress conducts you to your table. The food is plentiful. the service superb and the desserts to die for.

If I fancy a quick no frills meal I'll go to Charleys and eat a Steak Philly sandwich. All prepared while you wait and tasty.

McD's I leave well alone.

The best burgers I ever tasted were in Montreal at Harvey's burgers, when you ordered your burger it was grilled on an open flame, then you followed it down the line while they put on it whatever you wanted, always fresh veggies and sauces.If it hadn't been as good as it was they would not have survived in a city of gourmets like Montreal.

Oooh, that sounds divine!! I know it's feeding my food tampering paranoia, but on the rare occasions I eat fast food ( Jack in the Box tacos), I always go inside so I can watch them make it right in front of me. These things are everything a good taco shouldn't be. They're fried, mostly premade, they have american cheese, sacrilege! The meat (if you can even call it meat) is processed, God knows what it's really made of. But boy, they are addictive. And at 2/$1. I buy a whole bagfull to share the love.

I know you've spent time in the Bay Area. Ever eat at Zim's ? When I was about ten, my uncle bet me I couldn't finish one of their milkshakes. I did, but dear God! The stomachache wasn't worth it.

Well the Maccys I've see have a cross section of people, and on my Six day binge I saw the same kinda people. Sale's reps, white van men and the same families every single day!
I've had 42 years to observe the comings and goings of Americans and Canadians from Newfoundland to British Columbia, form Maine to Oregon or Florida. From your comments you were probably discussing a small area in a town or city, hence families that eat there day after day. I'm sure you'll find that the same in UK, maybe even at Wimpys if they still exist.

Archived