Been Eating MacDonalds All Week. The Aftermath.

It definitely has less poisons on and in it. They may be at "safe" levels for humans but they are poisons!

Has it though, what if it's grown in an organic field next to an un-organic one, or upwind of a factory, or the water table is poluted ?

I think it's a triumph of marketing that people believe an "organic" sticker means it's totaly free from anything nasty, like it's been grown on the moon.

Has it though, what if it's grown in an organic field next to an un-organic one, or upwind of a factory, or the water table is poluted ?

I think it's a triumph of marketing that people believe an "organic" sticker means it's totaly free from anything nasty, like it's been grown on the moon.

They have to be grown a certain distance away from fields that use pesticides. I think we can be pretty confident that there are significantly less poisons on organic food, being as we don't intentionally spray them with poison.

A very obvious marker is that you will often find bugs on organic food, you rarely find them on food sprayed with poison!

Well, if your convinced thats ok, I want something a bit more scientific.

BTW organic famers do use pesticides, but they use "natural" ones, which sounds quite nice, but some of the stuff they use is just as toxic as the man-made ones.

A very obvious marker is that you will often find bugs on organic food, you rarely find them on food sprayed with poison!

You are not kidding. A couple years ago, my daughter brought home some organic brown rice. Unfortunately, she'd kept it a bit too long and it infested my pantry with weevils!!! Guh-ross!

The little buggers were nearly impossible to eradicate. I scrubbed and cried and threw out a ton of food. On the upside, they can't chew through foil seasoning packets or protein bar wrappers. Everything else was fair game. We ended up removing every single thing from the pantry, even the shelves, scrubbing and repainting the walls, and putting up new shelves as we found bugs under the old shelf paper, and I wasn't ABOUT to do all that work and have one sneak past me.

God I hate weevils.

Why do Macdonalds keep banging on about how great the food is then? All this 100% beef with a little salt, and all this 'sourced' stuff?

Because they want gullible people like you to eat there six times a week and give them loads of money.

Did you consider splashing out on buying a decent piece of meat from a butcher instead? Why, if you had a few quid to spare would you ever want to waste it on unhealthy dross?

Archived