US vetoes anti Israel UN resolution

If there is a silver lining to this, it is that the Obama administration has, at least, not defended the right of the settlements to exist. They just argue that the UN Security Council is not the place to sort it out - and given the amount of power held by the pro-Israeli lobby, they couldn't do anything other than veto the resolution, so the only real interest was in what wording would go with it.

Shut up now

Why?

The US is to blame for most of the world's problems. The middle east is almost all their fault (After the British pulled out) so it's hardly a shock 9/11 happened.

They act all hurt but it was going to happen sooner or later.

Do you have the slightest idea what the US is doing out there?

Thousands killed by US supplied arms (Free, I must add) and they don't expect someone to hand something back?

9/11 may have been bad news and I can't support it but what the hell did the idiots expect, a bunch of flowers?

look at the latest. lapdog in Egypt supplied with up to date weapons then their trained pup rolled over.

Now there is a better than average chance an extreme government may take over and the Yanks are crapping themselves.

That bunch of idiots need to wake up and realise they don't rule the world.

Why?

The US is to blame for most of the world's problems. The middle east is almost all their fault (After the British pulled out) so it's hardly a shock 9/11 happened.

They act all hurt but it was going to happen sooner or later.

Do you have the slightest idea what the US is doing out there?

Thousands killed by US supplied arms (Free, I must add) and they don't expect someone to hand something back?

9/11 may have been bad news and I can't support it but what the hell did the idiots expect, a bunch of flowers?

What about the Russians and China supplying Arabs then?

My reaction is one of sorrow as well as anger, in that the veto demonstrates once again how tightly the US remains in the grip of the pro-Israeli lobby. The veto is certainly not in the interests of the American people. Indeed, US citizens are continuing to pay very dearly for this one sided relationship. Unfortunately, there are no signs that this malign deformity in US foreign policy will be ended any time soon.

Archived