Jamie Oliver, chef extra ordinaire.

How is it conning people to hire extras? Or have a rich father for that matter?

He's definitely improved school meals, no question about that.

I don't think he's any worse than any other TV 'Chef'.

Must it be explained-its a deception to presnt extras as buddies.

I think the guy is a <REMOVED>. I wouldn't go near his food drenched in olive oil... it's disgusting to have so much oil on the food.

Cooks it with oil, which stuff that needs it fine.... and after pours a tonne of it over the top. Guy needs to stop being such an idiot.

I think he needs to stop using 3 litres of olive oil, chilli and mint in everything he cooks on 30 minute meals!

There are other flavours in the world apart from oily chilli and mint for god's sake!

Ah, sound like you have actually read some of the recipes, the ingredients are far from basic.

Ingredients for tapas feast:

• 250g baby new potatoes

• 1 small red onion

• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds

• 2 cloves of garlic

• ½ a small bunch of fresh rosemary

• 8 eggs

• a large handful of prewashed rocket,

to serve

CHORIZO

• 250g good-quality semi-cured whole

chorizo

• 2 cloves of garlic

• 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar

• 1 tablespoon runny honey

PEPPERS

• 100g Manchego cheese

• 1 ciabatta loaf

• 50g blanched almonds

• a small bunch of fresh thyme

• red wine vinegar

• 1 x 450g jar of whole peppers

MANCHEGO

• 100g Manchego cheese

• 100g Spanish cured meats, such as

pata negra

• runny honey, for drizzling

• instant or quality ground coffee

• a handful of black olives

• optional: a couple of sprigs of fresh

• thyme or oregano

ANCHOVIES

• 1 x 100g pack of marinated or dressed

anchovies, from chilled section

• a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley

• 1 lemon

• 150g cherry tomatoes

• smoked paprika, for dusting

SEASONINGS

• olive oil

• extra virgin olive oil

• sea salt & black pepper

TO SERVE

• a bottle of sparkling water

• 1 orange

• a chilled bottle of dry sherry

30 minutes to prepare but several hours sourcing the ingredients..:huh:

Do you find ASDA that difficult to navigate?

I certainly do as there is none around where I live and I don't have a car to easily get to one. Even if I bought on-line they don't carry all the ingredients so I would need to go elsewhere and waste more time.

FYI The ingredients for the recipe I posted, including drinks would cost around £30. That's also leaving out what I couldn't get and not costing in some common ingredient that most people would have. Its hardly basic and makes a fairly pricey meal. If its going to cost that much, and for the time and effort involved I would rather go to a restaurant.

I certainly do as there is none around where I live and I don't have a car to easily get to one. Even if I bought on-line they don't carry all the ingredients so I would need to go elsewhere and waste more time.

FYI The ingredients for the recipe I posted, including drinks would cost around £30. That's also leaving out what I couldn't get and not costing in some common ingredient that most people would have. Its hardly basic and makes a fairly pricey meal. If its going to cost that much, and for the time and effort involved I would rather go to a restaurant.

You can get all of those ingredients from any large supermarket.

I didn't think the book claimed to have the cheapest possible recipes?

30 minute meals,? he stole the idea when he was over in the US last year, AMerican Rahcael Ray became famous over 10 years ago staring her 30 min meal TV show, then went on the write her 30 min meal cook books and sh'e still going strong, she became famous cooking basic meals and refuses to be called a chef, she's a cook not a chef.

Ready Steady Cook used to make them in 20!

It's a TV programme, extras are used in all sorts of programmes. I'm sure his 'buddies' have better things to do than appear on all of his programmes.

Well I would think the young 'uns in question would have posed as extras to get the dosh for being themselves.You clearly have a soft spot for the lad -sorry!

Archived