Recommend a good bed shop & why

For the past 6 months I've been (unsuccessfully) looking for a new double bed with a mattress. I've been to Dreams, Sleepmasters and the one on Queen's Road (opposite B&Q) and I still can't find a good bed. Can anyone please recommend me a shop and let me know why you think I should go there. Thanks

If you're not just after a cheapy, try the Natuaral Bed Company on Division Street (I think it's called Division Street anyway, it's the street that runs below West Street).

They have a web site if you don't want to go down to the shop.

Everything is made to order for you so you can have your bed pretty much how you like. Our little boy is a proper sleep wriggler so we got a really low bed made for him. It's lovely and when he falls out now, it just a short roll to the floor!

I would never have thought of going there, but a friend recommended I try T J Hughes department store - they have a Bensons bed section and there was a sale on with very good reductions, which meant that I could pay what I had originally budgeted for, but buy a more expensive bed - bargain and fabulously comfortable.

When I last moved house, I was in exactly the same situation. Everywhere I went either didn't have anything I wanted, did have one but it was on two weeks delivery, or the prices were just crazy.

In the end I used mattressman online... ordered at 4pm, arrived 10am the next day. The exact bed(s) I wanted, loads of choice and good prices. You need to be strong and able bodied to go down that road though, because (unless things have changed since) delivery means it gets dropped off on your driveway. If you don't mind lugging upstairs yourself, and can assemble from a flat pack, for me it worked out brilliantly.

I went to Bensons for Beds (Crystal Peaks) this morning and tried out all sort of mattresses. All the good ones where out of my price range. :sad: Looks like I'm going back to Sleepmasters (TJ Hughes). Did you guys/gals know that Bensons and Sleepmasters are the same company. Only difference is Sleepmasters don't sell brand named mattresses/beds? Anyhow, Thanks for all your responses :D

• 1 month later...
I checked out reviews on both Sleepmasters and Bensons for Beds and unfortunately, they aren't good reviews :sad: After another sleepless night and waking up with backache, I just don't know WHAT to do. Can some one PLEASE :help: me find a good place to purchase a bed!!!

Try Trade Carpets and Beds at Tyler Street Wincobank good value and friendly helpful service and free delivery

iif youve tried all those 3 stores youre probably too picky, if you lay on the bed and its comfy, turn on your side etc, why not buy one, we bought a dorlux from inside harveys, bensons or sleepmasters at about £299 absaloutly brilliant, best thing we bought, dont look at the covers theyre just a selling gimick, get some dosh spent.......

Archived