The training of Nurses

Excuse me, but calling people 'ignorant,' 'idiots.' 'know-it-alls,' and the general tone of your posts does you no credit, and says more about your attitude than the actual posts.

No actually, it doesn't. The people posting the tripe on this thread (ie the OP), ARE idiots if they have that view.

My attitude is just fine thank you very much.

Excuse me, I am a student nurse and you have to do just as much practical training as you do thoeyr, and believe me when I say, I have emptied many a bedpan in my time.. 'general nursing' is not beneath us, that is in fact the core of your skills... how dare you!

You ignorant, know-it-all (or so you think). Have some respect you idiot.

I do hope your ability to fill in official reports that can be understud unlike your post's.

I also hope your attitude is not the same with your patients as it is on here.

You call me " Ignorant and an Idiot" and now I dont know it all, but it seems I might know a little bit more than you.

I think it is time to look at your aggresive posts and I would question your ability to care for people who do not share your views.

The point of this forum is for people to debate their opinions not for insults.

I do hope your ability to fill in official reports that can be understud unlike your post's.

Oh, the irony!

Personally, I would prefer a nurse with a good level of academic prowess to be dispensing my medications.

Nursing is becoming an increasingly technical profession, the training and education needs to evolve to cope with this.

You call me " Ignorant and an Idiot" and now I dont know it all, but it seems I might know a little bit more than you.

I think it is time to look at your aggresive posts and I would question your ability to care for people who do not share your views.

Get a grip, replying to someone who posts ignorant views questioning their entire profession is a world away from looking after a patient.

Oh, the irony!

Personally, I would prefer a nurse with a good level of academic prowess to be dispensing my medications.

Nursing is becoming an increasingly technical profession, the training and education needs to evolve to cope with this.

Actually you need both. A good level of academic prowess, AND a good bedside manner. They need both these days.:)

Just because I think your views are wrong and voice mine, doesn't make me a bad nurse- if I didn't care for people and have a passion for doing so, I wouldn't have replied to your post in the first place. Please do not try and take me down for being some sort of vile monster who isn't capable of care just because I had the cheek to tell you what I think of you. I am an extremely sensitive and caring person... but of course, you know it all.

Just because I think your views are wrong and voice mine, doesn't make me a bad nurse- if I didn't care for people and have a passion for doing so, I wouldn't have replied to your post in the first place. Please do not try and take me down for being some sort of vile monster who isn't capable of care just because I had the cheek to tell you what I think of you. I am an extremely sensitive and caring person... but of course, you know it all.

Here we go again no I dont know it all, my comments are based on observations annd I never said you was a bad nurse. My post revolves around those that think the basic tasks are beneath them because they have reached a degree level.

Apparantly you do know it all-

"Today to be a Nurse you have to have a degree. A degree in what. They feel that general nursing is beneath them, bed pans and bed baths are the responsibility of the Auxiliaries because they have a degree.

There is no wonder the state of our hospitals is as it is now."

'They' being who? Every nurse with a degree or Diploma?

Do they all think that? I don't think so.

Hospitals are in a state because nurses have to be diploma/degree trained now? Huh!!??

Oh, the irony!

From when was nursing was based on academic prowess as you put it . In my view it was the care and compasion of the sick. So a degree is essential to be able to wipe a bum and make sure a patient is comfortable.

As regard's dispensing medications not sure you are doing the old school of nurses justice saying that today we need people who have spent 3/4 years in a classroom are the only one's who have the capability to despence drugs prescribed by a doctor.

I would prefer a nurse that cared for me not one with a chip on their shoulder whe deligates the lesser tasks to so called support workers

Archived