advice on car issues

Sounds like a bad earth on the engine or gearbox.

Have a look at the black cable on the battery and follow it as far as you can.

At some point it will be bolted to the car body and you need to check this bolt to see if its rusty.

If it is spray it with wd40...its not a permenant fix but may help for a while.

Sounds like a bad earth on the engine or gearbox.

Have a look at the black cable on the battery and follow it as far as you can.

At some point it will be bolted to the car body and you need to check this bolt to see if its rusty.

If it is spray it with wd40...its not a permenant fix but may help for a while.

I was going to suggest the same, but I would undo the bolt and ensure that the mating surfaces are free of paint and the wire terminal is clean and bright metal. There might also be a metal braided "flexi" connecting wire usually on the lower part of the engine/gearbox block which earths it to the body, check that the bolts are tight. Also, check the bolts on the starter cable terminals. Another test is to get a friend who has a car with a large battery to lend it to you for testing (or use jump leads).

On this model, disconnecting the battery might upset the car radio or other electronics.

Renaults have had starter motor faults for years there just not a very good made starter I've changed loads of them in the past the same starters have been used for years and they have hardly changed a bit . Ive seen some with big hammer marks on them where they have been cloging them till they fall to bits .scrap yard or reconditioned unit will solve your prob .

Archived