Cookies Cake or Biscuit?

It's a cake. Proper biscuits are baked twice, which gives them their name (from the Latin).

I thought it was a derivation from the Frecnh bis (X 2) and coquere meaning to cook as in **** au van(cooked in wine); there again French is a Romantic tongue based on Latin.Cookies are USA based and have no authenticity except they are over sweet,laden with fat or shortening and are a poor substitute for the proper biscuit.I understand they were cooked (inadvertently) accidentally by Marie Antoinette who baked some cake twice while feeding the insurrectionists of Paris in 1790.It was her who said let them eat cake,but in fact the peasants were left to gorge on Nice and Bourbons due to her coque up in the cuisine.

It's a cake. Proper biscuits are baked twice, which gives them their name (from the Latin).

I thought it was a derivation from the Frecnh bis (X 2) and coquere meaning to cook as in **** au van(cooked in wine); there again French is a Romantic tongue based on Latin.Cookies are USA based and have no authenticity except they are over sweet,laden with fat or shortening and are a poor substitute for the proper biscuit.I understand they were cooked accidentally by Marie Antoinette who baked some cake twice while feeding the insurrectionists of Paris in 1790.It was her who said let them eat cake,but in fact the peasants were left to gorge on Nice and Bourbons due to her coque up in the cuisine.

The definition from what i know is what happens to the water ... a cake has water stored in and so in air looses it.. (goes dry).. a biscuit has not much water in and so gains it over time (goes soft .. moist)

A soft cookie looses the water going dry ... so is a cake... i think thats the same argument jafa used for their "buiscuits"

Archived