How to get my son off of cannabis

Of course, a person's mental and emotional state has no bearing on their decision to stick a knife in to someone...

I didn't say it didn't. Smoking cannabis has nothing to do with it though. Why do people who don't smoke it stab people to death?

You clearly have a vested interested in maintaining a belief that smoking weed has no detrimental effects on you mentally. I'm quite the opposite, having experienced first-hand the kind of mental issues we're talking about here. No laughing matter by the way.

I can tell you, prolonged use does have a detrimental effect on people. I can't say it's all people, I'm sure people react differently to different substances. It may be that you and your friends are not experiencing the kind of things I did, and I hope you never do.

I do feel it's a bit irresponsible to tell others this stuff isn't going to be harmful though. You don't know that. You don't know how an individual is going to react.

Who's laughing?? I've lost friends through substance abuse, but mainly through booze and harder drugs. It happens, always has, always will.

It depends what you mean by prolonged use. If you use cannabis over a long period and don't abuse it, then their won't be any detrimental affects. If you're smoking 4,5,6 joints a day, you're going to have side affects.

I agree with your last point, and I think the same goes for every drug, legal and illegal.

Just saying 'prove it' is a bit childish. If proof is not readily available, it doesn't follow that a proposition is necesarily discredited or false. Also, the kind of things weed can open you up to, the scientific community couldn't even begin to quantity.

Why is it childish? It's just the same as you saying weed makes you crazy!

And just to add.

Booze can cause a whole lots of problems for someone,yet this stuff is legal,I would much rather live next door to a pothead than a drunk.

How many people suffer at the hands of drunk people compared to potheads?

The very fact that someone who has a drink problem(or even just a normal drinker) can morally put themselves above pot smokers bothers me.

The world is opening its doors to cannabis,slowly but surely.

I also find it funny how when people are making an argument against Cannabis they always know someone that went schizo on it.

I have known loads of smokers over the years,and yet to meet one.

Im not disputing it happens,but I definitely take comments like "I have known loads of people it turned schizo" with a pinch of salt:hihi:.

People jackanory telling for the sake of their argument,isn't an uncommon site on here lol.

You think people are all inventing stories when in fact their personal life experience leads them to disagree with you? Are you sure you don't know anyone that went 'schizo' on it? :hihi:

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 18:43 ----------

True that. I'm very pro-legalisaion.

Of course, a person's mental and emotional state has no bearing on their decision to stick a knife in to someone...

You clearly have a vested interested in maintaining a belief that smoking weed has no detrimental effects on you mentally. I'm quite the opposite, having experienced first-hand the kind of mental issues we're talking about here. No laughing matter by the way.

I can tell you, prolonged use does have a detrimental effect on people. I can't say it's all people, I'm sure people react differently to different substances. It may be that you and your friends are not experiencing the kind of things I did, and I hope you never do.

I do feel it's a bit irresponsible to tell others this stuff isn't going to be harmful though. You don't know that. You don't know how an individual is going to react.

Just saying 'prove it' is a bit childish. If proof is not readily available, it doesn't follow that a proposition is necesarily discredited or false. Also, the kind of things weed can open you up to, the scientific community couldn't even begin to quantity.

Nothing really to add to that. Succinct and pretty much sums up my feelings/response exactly.

I personally don't believe it leads to harder drugs. I could go on but Wont.... What i do believe is that it 100% leads to paranoia. Can't stand in a shop queuing for something, Has to get out after a few minutes etc. Other than making you paranoid and potentially depressed it does NOT lead to harder drugs. However that's bad enough to get him of it.

Unfortunately one addiction has to be replaced with another. You have to try and make his new addiction a positive one .. Football , Swimming , weightlifting , etc.

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 02:57 ----------

Personally I would get him into a boxing club. Get him out of the house , get him seriously fit and give him a great confidence boost!

Can anyone help or know anywhere that offers help. Im so worried about him, he does want to come off it himself but keeps going back, hes really depressed and bored, he trys to keep out of trouble and off the streets i just want to help him before it leads to harder drugs, there must be some help out there.

I smoked it for years ,lived in amsterdam for over 2 years, australia india and nepal for months .I think it a lie when people say you get unmotivated! When you're stoned , I found i could do just about everything you normally do just as well — you just realize that it's not worth the effing effort.:hihi:

I personally don't believe it leads to harder drugs. I could go on but Wont.... What i do believe is that it 100% leads to paranoia. Can't stand in a shop queuing for something, Has to get out after a few minutes etc. Other than making you paranoid and potentially depressed it does NOT lead to harder drugs. However that's bad enough to get him of it.

Unfortunately one addiction has to be replaced with another. You have to try and make his new addiction a positive one .. Football , Swimming , weightlifting , etc.

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 02:57 ----------

Personally I would get him into a boxing club. Get him out of the house , get him seriously fit and give him a great confidence boost!

I think the paranoia only comes on in public places, or if you have to cover up the fact that you're stoned. When you're drunk, you lose all your inhibitions. You don't care if you can't stand up straight, or sound like an idiot when you talk. Being stoned is totally different, you know exactly what is going on around you, in fact your probably even more aware!

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 09:58 ----------

I smoked it for years ,lived in amsterdam for over 2 years, australia india and nepal for months .I think it a lie when people say you get unmotivated! When you're stoned , I found i could do just about everything you normally do just as well — you just realize that it's not worth the effing effort.:hihi:

Mr William Melvin Hicks! What a guy!

It's true though. I find smoking weed actually motivates me, especially when I'm working and need to be creative.

You think people are all inventing stories when in fact their personal life experience leads them to disagree with you? Are you sure you don't know anyone that went 'schizo' on it? :hihi:

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 18:43 ----------

Nothing really to add to that. Succinct and pretty much sums up my feelings/response exactly.

Thats your only "empty" reply?

Its a very strong sign you know very little on the subject.

And if you are calling me schizo..

A) thats a cheap and below the belt shot(and another sign you have diddly squat in return)

B)I don't touch the stuff (and don't just think im saying that,because if I did,I would have no problem admitting to it)

We live in a system that makes millions of people into criminals,and for what? smoking a plant?

ooooooo,those nasty illegal people!:rolleyes:

Thats your only "empty" reply?

Its a very strong sign you know very little on the subject.

And if you are calling me schizo..

A) thats a cheap and below the belt shot(and another sign you have diddly squat in return)

B)I don't touch the stuff (and don't just think im saying that,because if I did,I would have no problem admitting to it)

We live in a system that makes millions of people into criminals,and for what? smoking a plant?

ooooooo,those nasty illegal people!:rolleyes:

Man jumps off bridge, man depressed wants to end it all.

Stoned man jumps off bridge, cannabis is to blame, he wouldn't have been depressed if he didn't smoke weed.

This is the mentality were dealing with here.

Yes there are. People are stabbed to death/shot by paranoid cannabis users very frequently.

Never heard of this. Have you got some stats or a source?

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 14:51 ----------

Of the cannabis smokers I know, several regular cannabis users who had extremely promising careers ahead of them and no disorders apparent enough to get in the way of this, suddenly developed them after smoking strong cannabis. All of them have had to have serious health intervention, including admission into institutions.

You've just made this up haven't you?

Man jumps off bridge, man depressed wants to end it all.

Stoned man jumps off bridge, cannabis is to blame, he wouldn't have been depressed if he didn't smoke weed.

This is the mentality were dealing with here.

You didn't mention the man had a drink problem too lol.:hihi:

Archived