Alpharooms anyone had problems?

Booked with them twice first time no problem second time not so.

Spent hours trying to get through to customer services.

Was fobbed off and told I would be phoned back and emailed several times.

Ended up going on holiday not sure that everything was ok luckily it was!

On the positve side they have a good website and the choice and prices are good so would not rule out booking again just hope they have sorted their customer services out.

They are a right mickey mouse set up. Do a google search for alpharooms reviews, they are terrible. I went for a job interview for them last august and the sales manager was concerned that i might have read about how bad they are but he said he was turning that around. I got offered the job and was told that he was going to call me but he never did. I had read all about them and decided that i wasn't going to take the job anyway, i had a much better offer! Dont touch them unless you can afford to lose money, just read the reviews.

Edited by carlas_cat

From reading the reviews some people have no problems so have no need to contact them. The trouble starts if you need to speak to someone. They dont answer their phones apparently, and they leave you waiting for 30 and 40 minutes running up your phone bill on an 0845 number. A company with such bad feedback should be treated with caution.

From reading the reviews some people have no problems so have no need to contact them. The trouble starts if you need to speak to someone. They dont answer their phones apparently, and they leave you waiting for 30 and 40 minutes running up your phone bill on an 0845 number. A company with such bad feedback should be treated with caution.

The phone delay issue was the problem I had.

I might test the customer service number first to see if its improved if I decide to book again.

I also went for an interview with them about 18 months ago as their call centre manager. The sales director I saw basically said to me he wanted someone who had the skin of a rhino as he wanted them to figure out how to sack everyone and start again!

I said I wasn't prepared to do that and I felt it was shocking practice for any company more so from a company of their size and structure.

Used them about 20 times. Only once had a problem, which was a double booking. We were upgraded to another hotel at no extra cost.

I've only ever once needed them to call me back for something. They phoned back exactly when they said they would.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but they're always my first choice company for hotels.

I've only ever used them for hotels by the way, not complete holidays.