People begging for free items

Children are expensive to clothe and kit out, so it's no surprise that people struggle sometimes to make ends meet and provide for them in the way that they want to.

You're completely at liberty to ignore the posts asking for stuff, if you feel that way inclined.

Children are expensive to clothe and kit out, so it's no surprise that people struggle sometimes to make ends meet and provide for them in the way that they want to.

You're completely at liberty to ignore the posts asking for stuff, if you feel that way inclined.

Oh I don't just mean on the forum, I mean in general.

I often give items I don't need anymore away, but begging seems an odd way to go about things.

Edit: I've come across more people who have been robbed/not got enough money for a bus or train fare/have a sick relative they have to get to in the last few months than in the rest of my life, to the extent of people actually knocking on the door to beg.

I work hard for everything I have an it disgusts me that these people can't be bothered to make their own money so they take advantage of others.

I, generally, can't be bothered to mess about selling stuff I don't want. If there's a decent value I'll sell it. But if its no good to me and I can't be bothered I'll pass it on to family first. I look on it as they're doing me a favour, I don't have to take it to the tip!

I don't like the doorstep collections. If I knew for defo it was going to a charity I sort some stuff out. Problem is there's that many scams about you don't know who's just on the make...

Archived