The struggle between Liberty and Authority

What if the alcoholic refuses to seek advice and carries on drinking?

I know that this may sound blunt but the hardest part of getting through any addiction is to admit that you have the problem in the first place and acknowledge that he/she wants to get the treatment to move forward.

I see this many times in mental health services where the parents of an individual want them to get help and do everything they can to get them to agree to take the help but they hit a brick wall if the individual doesnt see that they have a problem and refuse to engage.

My point is that people have to take personal responsibility to ask for the help.

What would you suggest??

or just choose to ignore it and hope that it wont affect them

well thats fine.

But I think a vast majority of people genuinely don't know what is healthy and what isn't, the government isn't suggesting people eat healthily and exercise for some sinister purpose, they want us to live longer........to pay more taxes, ok, perhaps they do have a sinister plan.

well thats fine.

But I think a vast majority of people genuinely don't know what is healthy and what isn't, the government isn't suggesting people eat healthily and exercise for some sinister purpose, they want us to live longer........to pay more taxes, ok, perhaps they do have a sinister plan.

the real reason is that it costs a fortune on the nhs and the tax payer just cant afford it.

is that not a good reason ?

or would you rather they just kept upping taxes ?

No. I would rather that people took personal responsibilty I have already stressed so many times. If they dont then there has to be a way to modify what is available to them.

Smoking is ridiculously profitable for the government, and heavily expensive and deadly to the smoker.

Same with drinking.

Both are expensive. Only a non smoker/drinker would say otherwise.

If a non smoker paid the taxes a smoker does the government deficit would be a surplus.

Same with drinking.

By being healthy your a drain on the state.

Archived