The struggle between Liberty and Authority

Oh, you're suggesting the US system of health "care" ?

Would you (as a responsible person) be happy to have to pay insurance against breaking your leg playing football ?

Wouldn't that just remove a lot of peoples ability to do things ?

In a way we already have this over here. Many people pay in to Westfield by paying contributions out of their salaries.They are taking responsibility in case they are taken in to hospital and may be unable to earn a living for a short while. Essential really for those of us who are self employed.I pay £10 a month and that isn't a lot I know but it is the same principle as paying for insurance.

Why is his judgement of risk more sound than the man who is taking the risk?

Of course there has to be criteria for which you draw the line and say that there was no intent and of course Companies will have a way of working out what can be paid for and what cant.

There are some things(Like smoking for eg) which there is a high risk attached. There are others ( say) like drinking where the risks may be more difficult to specify as there are some health professionals who will say that a glass of red wine a day is actually beneficial to the heart.

I am sure that as the nhs cannot continue in the way that it is that there will be some measures in the not too distant future that will place restrictions on who can have what and when.

I think that the only way to protect freedom and rights is to have a written constitution firmly establishing inalienable rights and free from interference or changes by politicans and governments.

In a democracy it's the peoples right to be able to tell the government what it can and what it cannot do

Ok

Can you explain to us how things are different over there in the USA and the pros and cons of the system compared to ours please.

Objectivite viewpoint as opposed to subjective.

All viewpoints are subjective.

I think footballers are taking a risk kicking a ball. They may hurt their foot, and they have a large chance of pulling muscles when running for the ball. (Neither of these situations apply to Sheffield Wednesday though.) Is my view valid? The NHS shouldn't treat footballing injuries?

All viewpoints are subjective.

I think footballers are taking a risk kicking a ball. They may hurt their foot, and they have a large chance of pulling muscles when running for the ball. (Neither of these situations apply to Sheffield Wednesday though.) Is my view valid? The NHS shouldn't treat footballing injuries?

You shouldnt hurt your foot if you wear the correct footwear as you have taken precautions, but if you played in sandals that would be reckless.

Archived