Anyone tried the scrummy free friday food in the Rose & Crown, Eckington

Chicken G

Has anybody tried the fabulous food on offer free in the rose and crown on a friday early bar??

It's absolutely fantastic and from what i can gather is made by a local guy as he seems to be friends with the landlady

Up to now there has been chilli and garlic bread and indian curry and samosas...i missed out on the chinese chicken curry but heard others saying how good it was.

Can't wait to see what this week brings

Good on ya mate

The curry was as good if not better than any takeaway i've had, as were the samosas and the chilli was just right

Makes you want to stay for another drink, great atmosphere and nice people, will definately be back !...

yes its really nice we go all the time, very good food

well well chicken G.......so you have been accused of taking the "michael".....omg

is it true then ? do you know the person doing the cooking....you must tell us and then you can get your free pint seeing as you didn't turn up for it last week

not that it really matters if you are having a joke with a mate as it sounds as if he really can cook or does he buy a takeaway and pass it off as his own !!!

ask for the recipe or get him to name some ingredients ha ha

Takeaway ....you must be joking...if you think that you want to come around to my house ,,there are about 100 jars of spices and the place smells permenantly like a curry house..!!! when we first moved here the neighbours thought we had opened a takeaway on the back garden....even david blunket could find this place by following the smell lol

Seems this friday couls well be the "argy bahji" night with yoghurt mint sauce come and try those ..

Chicken George is couped up.

Yes you are right Chicken G is couped up so to speak, unfortunately I am ill, bitten by the bug as they say.... but where has "George" come from ? my name is Gerald and I really don't look like a chicken or a road runner as you so kindly made the similarity ..I just work with them..

I am not familiar with the person who does the cooking , I certainly am not "taking the michael " and just for the record if you think this guy buys this food from a takeaway to take to a pub to pass off as his own ..then you must be as mad as he is.. if he does.....not that I think that but for those who do...go to the place and try it for yourself and maybe if you're lucky you'll get a recipe.!!!! or a mouthful for saying such things

hope this is still on the go for when I get better and a free pint sounds great !

Archived