Olympic games tickets

how much tax payers money has gone into 2012 olympics in london?

I went to a couple of nights at don valley for the world student games in 1991, 20 years ago, when i got the tickets only the cheap £7 tickets were left, i was sat behind the shot put netting! the main stand was empty all night so i went and sat there wondering why it was empty, after i found out that all those seats were reserved for councillors who gave the go ahead for the stadium to be built and the contractors, no one turned up, have a look at this link its rip off britain again nothings changed after 20 years!!!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20022011/58/london-2012-2012-tickets-second-most-expensive-history.html

how much tax payers money has gone into 2012 olympics in london?

The budget was set at 2.7 billion pounds. The Games are expected to come in slightly under budget at 9.1 billion pounds.

No, I don't know how that makes sense either. Everybody seems to pretend that the expected cost of 9.3 billion pounds is, in fact, the budget that was set - which is clearly a lie.

Stop moaning, in 2012 we will see the greatest party Britain has ever seen.

The Olympics cost London council tax payers 38 pence a week.

The largest urban park in Europe for 150 years, 8 km of canals dredged and cleaned, 8 million cubic feet of soil cleaned and decontaminated, thousands of jobs created, thousands of homes built, world-class sporting facilities, the largest shopping mall in Europe by area, the shift in the balance of London to regenerate and revive some of the poorest boroughs in the country, high speed rail links to Europe and wetlands created, thousands of trees planted, hundreds of thousands of plants to create the new Queen Elizabeth Park.

It's terrifically exciting let's celebrate the best of this country.

What's good for London is good for the country.

I get so fed up of this whinging, can't we be proud of our country for once?

Although, with Danny Boyle doing the opening ceremony I would imagine there's be a section on the history of London. Any history of London wouldn't be complete without reference to The Blitz, which may be a bit un-PC...

yes but us peasants cant afford the tickets so in my opinion its the rich which make britain great and theres only them that can afford to enjoy it, we watch the olympics on tv no matter where its staged so why burden us with 9,7 biliion of debt to host it? most of the jobs created will most likely be on minimum wage,most of the houses built will most probably go to people from other countries entering the uk and the tickets go onsale on 15 march but they are only onsale for 6 weeks, how many of the £20.12 tickets will be that price next year? most will go to ticket touts!! so 9.7 billion is not a waste of money!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Even the cheaper tickets at £20 will need a train journey at about £50(at best) if you live in Sheffield. You probably need a night in a hotel as well for at least £50.

Pile on top of that an investment in London from the Government that other cities in far greater need of regeneration could only dream of getting a fraction of. Then the fact that all these world class facilities simply mean that many of the other such facilities we already have around the country will be shunned by our national teams and investors and you have a great recipe for screwing over the entire country.

The Olympics should have been country wide using facilities we already have. 9 billion quid would have done a lot for sorting the lack lustre public transport that Britain suffers from.

Archived