Religion vs. Logic

Nagel

It is false logic on the part of the atheist.

You can see a can of petrol but you cannot see the energy within it, you only see the results of the energy.

Where's the false logic ?

You CAN see the petrol, you CAN'T see the energy, you CAN see the effects of the energy.

You CAN'T see a god, you CAN'T see the love, you CAN see the effects of the love.

Nothing false there.

BTW atheists love too

Where's the false logic ?

You CAN see the petrol, you CAN'T see the energy, you CAN see the effects of the energy.

You CAN'T see a god, you CAN'T see the love, you CAN see the effects of the love.

Nothing false there.

BTW atheists love too

Thank you. That is what people of faith believe. You cannot see energy and you cannot see love, but we can see the effects of them which is why people of faith believe energy, love and God exist.

"As you say, there is nothing false there."

Thank you. That is what people of faith believe. You cannot see energy and you cannot see love, but we can see the effects of them which is why people of faith believe energy, love and God exist.

STRAW MAN ALERT.

You have described two things and used them to imply a third.

I am not implying anything, I am stating as a matter of fact that the intangible exists.

Everything intangible exists, or just some 'things' that are intangible?

How do you differentiate between:

"intangible, and exists" and

"intangible but does not exist"?

The whole intangibility issue must make it very hard to discern between, say, God and The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You can measure energy, you can quantify love (you can also see it if you use a brain scan), you can't see, measure or otherwise detect god or any affect that god has on the world.

Bad analogies don't do anything to cast doubt on basic logic.

So why did you at first say it was false logic? I am saying the same as the cartoon.

Also, you can see the effects of love, but there's no evidence that the love is from a god. Atheists feel love and see the effects of it.

You can measure energy, you can quantify love (you can also see it if you use a brain scan), you can't see, measure or otherwise detect god or any affect that god has on the world.

Bad analogies don't do anything to cast doubt on basic logic.

So you are saying energy can exist on its own?

I am saying energy comes from somewhere or something like petrol or the sun, in other words energy needs a source like a power station.

So let me ask you where the energy came from for the Big Bang? What was the source?

Archived