Muslims in the armed forces

so this opting out from going to iraq or afganistan is just for the muslims then ?do the muslim soldiers get a choice where they go to ?do you feel that muslims in the police force are also very brave ?

EVERY soldier has the option. but you do have to explain yourself and then the powers that be decide. there are many reason why soldiers refuse to fight some wars. if the army feels that a Muslim soldier who says he can go fight in Iraq etc is jerking their chain they'll force him or court marshal him if he refuses. but, for the most part, they're sympathetic. understandably so, i think.

I'll pay tribute to these soldiers, but because they are brave and British and fighting for their country, not because they're Muslim.

My bold - to the forummer (also active on this thread) that suggested on another thread that I have said that Muslims cannot be British (which I refuted), please take note!

This article is very positive and I have nothing but admiration for those brave solders who are Muslims and who are willing to die for this country,they deserve respect for this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12504162

Brave brave heros.

They are an inspiriation to us all. May they all come home saftley.

:)

i never turned against you, or anyone else.

You may not but what about our poppy~burning friends or the july the 7th bombers was that not turning against the country that gives them the life they have /had. Everyone is allowed a viewpoint on this matter but dont jump down the lads throat for everything he says.

You may not but what about our poppy~burning friends or the july the 7th bombers was that not turning against the country that gives them the life they have /had. Everyone is allowed a viewpoint on this matter but dont jump down the lads throat for everything he says.

Still waitin for an answer?

Fights amongst military servicemen are common and it's not a matter of differences in colour in most cases these days. When I served in the British army there were regular Saturday night skirmishes between the Brit and Aussie soldiers and the Aussie and New Zealand soldiers also fought each other. I was once in a skirmish when we Royal Artillery blokes got into it with a group of blokes from the Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry out in Malaya

Later in the US Marine Corps there were fights and scuffles between us and the Navy guys on Saturday nights in Oceanside, California and the Navy shore patrol came in and sorted it out pretty quickly

Regimental rivalries as well as service branch rivalries have always been a way of life in any military

Colour may have been an issue back 70 years ago in WW2 but has very little to do with it these days. If we had spotted a black Marine being beaten up by a couple of white Navy men we would have been in there quick as a shot to help our black comrade out.

Wiki disagrees.

United States - 294 (114 by enemy fire, 145 in accidents, 35 to friendly fire)

Senegal - 92 (accident)

United Kingdom - 47 (38 by enemy fire, 9 to friendly fire)

Saudi Arabia - 18

France - 10 (2 in combat)

Egypt - 2

United Arab Emirates - 6

Syria - 2

Kuwait - 1 (as part of Operation Desert Storm)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War#Coalition

No Canadians casualties listed.

I know, for a fact, that the UK entry up there is incorrect (incomplete at best).

Archived