Driving test -any advice

If you was to fail it would probably be down to nerves. It is not the end of the world. The second attempt will be easier because you know what to expect. PM me your email addy and I will give you some advice what I have gained recently with my son taking his test there. I need to know what time of day your test is.

just get into a habit of checking ya mirrors every 6 seconds and dont pay any attention to what the test guy is doing because when you make a mistake he wont put it down straight away.what it is is he has a board and a little clicker in his hand and when he clicks thats a mistake and that sometimes throws you off specaily at that time when you was driving ok.so just listen to his comands and dont worry about him being there.hope that helps and good luck.

Clicker? Definitely not, I have never seen an examiner click. They try very hard and are assessed themselves as to how well they put the candidate at ease. So, no clickers in my experience.

Should the OP ignore what the examiner is writing? Absolutely, the ex. may only be noting that a particular manoeuvre has been done.

Should the OP count to six before the next mirror check? Absolutely not. This would amount to a super-human effort of counting on top of everything else in the driving task. The OP should simply check mirrors before doing ANYTHING that could or will involve Steering, Signalling or changes in Speed I.e mirrors before dealing with an actual or potential hazard.

Believe you'll pass and be positive don't consider the alternative. The word FAILURE, FAIL, FAILED should be erased from your memory

Remember this simple rule

Failing is not for me

U can and will pass

Congratultions

and I'm buggered if i can recall that last one...............:hihi:

Get a good nights sleep the night before and make shore you have some breakfast take deep breaths and treat it as a lesson check your mirrors and check again if you do a reverse round the corner and touch the curb dont panic pull forward after checking and correct yourself good luck

Hello forum users,

I have my test next monday 28th Feb and was wondering if anyone had any advice to help me really nervous

thankyou

are you doin ok with your lessons? have you had a mock test or two, cus if your instructor, assuming you have had one, should really have given you the feel of a test and what it involves, then you hopefully can relax a little more in the knowledge you are up to it. I,m an instructor and one of the nicest and most encouraging things an examiner ever said to one of my pupils was, as he had finished explaining the test just before going on it . . . ''you have passed your test now ! just keep on passing it for me over the next 35 mins or so . . . think of it like that, now are you ready'' ? and i could see that determination and realisation in my pupil that what was ahead wasn't impossible. The guys at the test centre are human, and i know the chaps at middlewood test centre, sheffield are an ok bunch. Any more advice, then drop us a line. . . good luck !

By the way, to say that the examiners are an ok bunch, doesn't mean its a walk in the park down there. they are professionals doing thier job, and its up to you to do yours ! PLENTY OF NECESSARY CHECKS IN MIRRORS, DONT OVERLOOK AND BE HESITANT ! ie SIT AT JUNCTIONS LOOKING AT FRESH AIR CUS YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO DRIVE EXTRA SPECIALLY FOR THE EXAMINER. CANCEL YOUR SIGNAL AFTER PULLING IN, THEY WILL DO THIS SEVERAL TIMES ON TEST, . . . . HEY ! TO BE HONEST I COULD GO ON AND ON . . . . BE YOURSELF . . . YOU WILL DO IT.

just concentrate on your driving and even if you think you have made a mistake keep going. when i took my pcv test i thought i had failed in the first 5 minutes but carried on and tried not to make anymore mistakes, got to the end of the test fully expecting to fail on the mistake early on but passed, couldn't believe it

Archived