Cameron announces wholesale privatisation of public services

Considering your rhetoric about Thatcher, who hasn't been in power for over 20 years, and that your original statement was incorrect, I'd suggest looking a bit closer to home for political bias!

I'm not affiliated with any party (I've only ever not spoiled my papers once, and that was by voting GlibDim at the last election).

The only way I am biased (politically) is in that I despise them all (politicians). Each and every single one of the hypocritical turds.

I dont have a problem with what hes saying. Many public services are rubbish and need selling off to the best and highest bidder (royal mail for one). If the government keep a grip on what companies are charging and accesiblity I see this as a positive.

Its important not to get clouded with what Thatcher did and perhaps take this as face value.

I hope you still think so when you get older and have to pay £12 an hour for home help, your meals on wheels are taken away and you have to pay £35 to visit a day centre because the council ones are full ………….. oh happy days and that’s now god knows what its going to be like in another 12 months.

why visit a day centre when the boozers are open...there is a great day care centre in sheffield and its free all day...its called the bankers draft...meals on wheels...most takeaways now do free delivery....

in 12 months time...it will get better...because wednesday and united will be in the same division...happy days

I dont have a problem with what hes saying. Many public services are rubbish and need selling off to the best and highest bidder (royal mail for one). If the government keep a grip on what companies are charging and accesiblity I see this as a positive.

Its important not to get clouded with what Thatcher did and perhaps take this as face value.

the NHS tho isnt rubbish (agree with the royal mail tho!)

Profit making from the NHS is the exact opposite of why it was set up and how it is funded, its supposed to be non-profit making with any profits that are generated put back into patient care, not taken out and given to shareholders.

Considering your rhetoric about Thatcher, who hasn't been in power for over 20 years, and that your original statement was incorrect, I'd suggest looking a bit closer to home for political bias!

I'm always amused that Thatcher is regarded as the "starting point" for any political arguments, like there were no politicians before her who did the same.

She's usually quoted in any milk-snatching threads, yet Labour did it first. Same with the recent forest sale plans - Labour did it first.

why visit a day centre when the boozers are open...there is a great day care centre in sheffield and its free all day...its called the bankers draft...meals on wheels...most takeaways now do free delivery....

in 12 months time...it will get better...because wednesday and united will be in the same division...happy days

Easty we can all have a laugh but wait until one of your parents relies on these services.

The thing is privitisation can be a good thing if its regulated properly. The problem was Thatcher wanted to go to the extreme. Im willing to give the cons a chance with this one, dont trust them, but I will give them a chance to do some good for the country.

Archived