Wedding Shoes heel height

Hi

I am having trouble with deciding what type of wedding shoes to get. There isn't too much height difference between me and my fiance so that maximum heel height I want is 3.5inches so I cant have any of these amazing high heel shoes there are (not that I think I could cope all day!) the only thing is I cant find too many I like that have a mid-heel but keep finding some really nice flat sandals but Im worried that it would look odd as I do want to feel like a princess on my wedding day.

I have a floor length wedding dress and when i walk and dance I can't help but imagine that sandals will make me feel too casual even though they are goregous!

Just wondered what other people are doing or have done with regards to shoes??

Hi there,

Im struggling with my bridal shoess too!

Me and my fiance are about the same height so I, like you, dont want a huge heel (dont want to feel like a giant!) and would also go for comfort anyway!

Though, I do think a heel, even a small kitten heel, would make me feel more glamorous and dressy.

I've been looking at designer makes such as Benjamin Adams and Else and they have some lovely shoes with a very small (1.5") heel. They are expensive though!

Can I ask what sort of sandals you've found and where from?

Thanks

If your feet are going to be covered by your dress then I'd go for the comfort option. You have to be in the shoes all day and there will be dancing to do in the evening. You'll be on your feet a lot that day, so choose wisely.

Alternatively, have the glam shoes for the ceremony and photos, but have some comfy shoes to slip into for the evening function.

I've seen many brides kick off their shoes for the evening do as their feet hurt. It kind of loses the charm to see a barefooted bride.

I was planning on having some fabulous heels for ceremony pictures,and first dance etc and flats for the evening. We are spending several hours on grass so will need them for that.

In my experience those brides that change shoes dont end up with the dress looking wrong or falling over.

I recommend wearing whatever you feel best in, and what you think will suit your needs best and not worrying about what people say or think, youll look and be fabulous regardless!

I wore hand made boots, not only because I happen to like them, but because the extra support a boot gives allows them to be more comfortable for the whole day. My dress designer (who was ordering the boots) was concerned about the height of them, but when we compared her sample with the boots I arrived in, they were the same

Just practice wearing the same height heel as everyday wear between now and the wedding, and your feet will get used to it ;)

Archived