Asylum seekers of the future.

It is a good job the EU has an immigration policy then.

Don't the EU decide our immigration quote? Where is their policy? Where can I see a copy of it?

As for sending aid, perhaps if we sent some more less of them would think it was a good idea to come here? Just a thought.

Ha, I thought all aid went into the back pockets of the dictators? Clearly, it's going out of mine and then...

x

Don't the EU decide our immigration quote? Where is their policy? Where can I see a copy of it?

Ha, I thought all aid went into the back pockets of the dictators? Clearly, it's going out of mine and then...

x

Here is what comes up when I google, a cursory look and it seems to be what you are after:

http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/policies/immigration/immigration_intro_en.htm

Here is what comes up when I google, a cursory look and it seems to be what you are after:

http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/policies/immigration/immigration_intro_en.htm

Thanks for that, I'm reading through it now. Last paragraph of that page:

Finally, it is important to note that the common EU immigration policy does not apply to Denmark which has decided to opt out of Title IV of the Treaty establishing the European Community.

[Title IV is the section that deals with Visas, asylum, immigration and other policies related to free movement of persons]

Why did the Danes opt out? Could they? Are they allowed to? I thought Brussels made the rules and we had to obey... all for the sake of continental cohesion... :suspect:

x

Thanks for that, I'm reading through it now. Last paragraph of that page:

Finally, it is important to note that the common EU immigration policy does not apply to Denmark which has decided to opt out of Title IV of the Treaty establishing the European Community.

[Title IV is the section that deals with Visas, asylum, immigration and other policies related to free movement of persons]

Why did the Danes opt out? Could they? Are they allowed to? I thought Brussels made the rules and we had to obey... all for the sake of continental cohesion... :suspect:

x

Didn't the Danes have a peoples referendum on this?

They'll only be eligible to seek asylum if they face torture, the death penalty, or something similar. You don't get asylum just because you face going to jail.

Wrong, everyone is eligible to seek ayslum, being granted asylum is very difficult though. If they want to come to the UK, they'd chance a much better chance through the regular immigration channels. People only tend to claim asylum if they get caught entering the UK.

Archived