Help Needed with a combi boiler

Jon P

Hi, just a simple question about a combi boiler.

As far as i was aware you can leave your combi on and dont have to pay unless you use the heating or water but i have been told by a couple of people that i will still have to pay evan when not in use while it is set to the on position?

Is there any truth in this ie some boilers do/dont charge or is it the same for all and they do not charge for been left on the on postion when not in use, thanks.

I am confused about your question.

Are you asking if it costs to have the boiler in standby waiting for you to demand a supply of hot water or heating ?

If that is the case then obviously you will but it will be minimal IE: pilot light, timer and main control board ect until the boiler fires up at which point I imagine the pump and stuff kicks in and the costs really begin.

I would have thought the question obvious, if its sat in standby ready for instantaneousness usage then it is going to cost something.

Archived