Are snacks and drinks overpriced at the cinema?

Nagel

What do you think of cinema snack and drink prices?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of cinema snack and drink prices?

• I think they are underpriced and good value.
    • I think they are overpriced.
    • I think they are fairly priced.
    • I take my own snacks and drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years back I worked on a film set in a multiplex cinema and part of the story is where they explain quite accurately how it is selling popcorn that keeps the cinema profitable.

People may want to watch Heston Blumenthal's entertaining attempt to modernize cinema food that was shown this week on C4. You can also catch it here - Heston's Mission Impossible

Apparently the popcorn bags cost more than the popcorn! But people should also bear in mind, staff, buildings and electricity/heating are also part of the cost - raw materials are often a small part of the cost of production.

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old post but wasnt sure if I would be able to start a new one.

Just droppd my 11 year old son and his friend off at the cinema whilst I nipped off to do a quick errand. I gave each of them a bottle of pop and a packet of sweets each.

When I returned to collect them they told me that there goodies had been confiscated.

I think this is very harsh - would the staff have been as quick to confiscate from older teenagers or adults. I think probably not!!!

Cinema snacks are a total rip off!!!!!!!

I know this is an old post but wasnt sure if I would be able to start a new one.

Just droppd my 11 year old son and his friend off at the cinema whilst I nipped off to do a quick errand. I gave each of them a bottle of pop and a packet of sweets each.

When I returned to collect them they told me that there goodies had been confiscated.

I think this is very harsh - would the staff have been as quick to confiscate from older teenagers or adults. I think probably not!!!

Cinema snacks are a total rip off!!!!!!!

well i hope that the person who took the pop and sweets returned them after the film, if not then its theft and the person who took them can be arrested

The price of snacks and drinks at Cineworld is mad IMO, £3 for a tube of Pringles? Eh?! Especially when you can get the exact same product for £1.99 in Tesco and try to sneak them in! Oh well, at least the Coke's decent value, I usually get a small one, but the size of the container is large!

:(:o

The price of snacks and drinks at Cineworld is mad IMO, £3 for a tube of Pringles? Eh?! Especially when you can get the exact same product for £1.99 in Tesco and try to sneak them in! Oh well, at least the Coke's decent value, I usually get a small one, but the size of the container is large!

It was Cineworld where this happened. Has it happened to anyone else???

£9.60 for a kids drink, a small coffee and medium popcorn? I don't think so. I'm not paying that outrageous sum!

I take my own food in to Cineworld. I usually buy a coffee and that might be why no one has ever checked to see if I've got my own stuff.

Just found this on there web site;-

As a food operator we offer a wide range of drinks and snacks to satisfy our customers but also protect our cinema furnishings and customers clothing. Not all movie-goers are considerate of others in their snack choices and we have needed to set clearer guidelines on what is appropriate.

That expalins it then! my bottle of coke (plastic bottle) must be made of different stuff to theirs!!!!!!!!!

Archived