More positive news about muslims..gay muslim marriages

I do not understand gay couples wanting religious ceremonies.

1) Why would a gay couple want a religious ceremony when the religion in question condemns their relationship?

2) Why should a religious instituation that disagrees with same sex relationships be expected to bless any such union?

They do it just to prove a politically correct point and flaunt their sexuality in front of traditional-minded heterosexuals.

Gays/Bi/Lesbian/Trisexual/Omnisexual whatever be who you wanna be live and let live.

Which I think sums up enlightenment on the subject quite nicely!!

Indeed, but then she did say the following earlier which was a bit telling:

Be gay if you want just do not push being gay progressive it is not.

How somebody is supposed to "push" being gay I have no idea.

:huh:

I do not understand gay couples wanting religious ceremonies.

1) Why would a gay couple want a religious ceremony when the religion in question condemns their relationship?

2) Why should a religious instituation that disagrees with same sex relationships be expected to bless any such union?

Perhaps they want their marriage to be part of a religious ceremony because they are religious, you know, like everybody else that wants their marriage to be part of a religious ceremony?

It's a puzzle to me because I'm an atheist (I wasn't when I got married), but I still recognise that religious people might actually want a religious ceremony.

Everybody going to a place of worship is a hypocrite over something or other, and being gay should be treated no differently to say, having a tattoo.

Minus two to Halibut for not understanding plain English which is that smokers, and they aren't even born that way, sometimes make their presence well and truly felt and it can be a case of "too much information."

Grahame - you still haven't said what it is that homosexuals do9 in public that's so distressing. Can you elaborate?

What about the overwhelming majority of gay people who just want to live their lives, without interference from anyone else? The ones who don't push their gay-ness? They don't say to us "straighties" you can't be straight!

Why should it matter, one jot, what orientation consenting adults have toward each other?

Okay, so two chaps, or two women, might walk down the street holding hands. O-M-G, the world is going to end!!!

I mean, for goodness sake, who exactly are they hurting?

It's not as if they are actually having sex in public...

(and as for the "parading" quip:- I know quite a few gay people who no-one would clock as being gay, never in a million years.

So why can't everyone be like that.

Grahame - you still haven't said what it is that homosexuals do9 in public that's so distressing. Can you elaborate?

I would like an answer too.

The whole idea that gays "push" their homosexuality, or in some way cause distress is really puzzling.

Perhaps they want their marriage to be part of a religious ceremony because they are religious, you know, like everybody else that wants their marriage to be part of a religious ceremony?

It's a puzzle to me because I'm an atheist (I wasn't when I got married), but I still recognise that religious people might actually want a religious ceremony.

Everybody going to a place of worship is a hypocrite over something or other, and being gay should be treated no differently to say, having a tattoo.

I'd agree with that somewhat. I know a lesbian who is a devout Christian, as are all her family. She's been with her partner for years, but I don't know if it's formalised with a civil partnership or if they'd ever want a Church blessing. I guess what should count is, if you are gay and also a believer, that God loves all his children, something like that? The institution of the Church might not bless it, even if it turns a blind eye, but I don't know why some would like to beat it into submission over the issue.

Archived