More positive news about muslims..gay muslim marriages

Stonewall is a long way from militant... it was only last year that it finally started to campaign for lesbian and gay marriage.

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/media/current_releases/4710.asp

The word militant is beginning to lose all meaning as fools attempt to apply it to any progressive group whose ideals they disagree with.

It's a smokescreen for people too cowardly to say what they really mean.

Im talking about the overzealously self assertive and confrontational people, like Peter Tatchell.

Well, I guess the clue is in the word overzealously, so I assume you have no objection in zealously self assertive and confrontational people like, well, err ... Peter Tatchell when he's not being overzealous.

I really struggle with why people get upset about other people that make noises about inequalities. Even history throws up numerous examples of people that used to say, "I agree that women should have the vote, but I wish they'd know their place and not make so much noise".

People that complain about people like Peter Tatchell being too loud remind me of the dinosaurs from the late-19th and early-20th century. All I am interested in is right and wrong, and on almost every cause that Peter Tatchell has fought he has been right.

As for the complaints about wishing gays would keep their gayness in private, like it's some sort of disease, then that's just homophobia pure and simple, and it has surprised me how many people I respect have exhibited it on this thread.

:(

Well, I guess the clue is in the word overzealously, so I assume you have no objection in zealously self assertive and confrontational people like, well, err ... Peter Tatchell when he's not being overzealous.

I really struggle with why people get upset about other people that make noises about inequalities. Even history throws up numerous examples of people that used to say, "I agree that women should have the vote, but I wish they'd know their place and not make so much noise".

People that complain about people like Peter Tatchell being too loud remind me of the dinosaurs from the late-19th and early-20th century. All I am interested in is right and wrong, and on almost every cause that Peter Tatchell has fought he has been right.

As for the complaints about wishing gays would keep their gayness in private, like it's some sort of disease, then that's just homophobia pure and simple, and it has surprised me how many people I respect have exhibited it on this thread.

:(

Why try to force acceptance?

How is he doing that? Magic gay powers?

:loopy:

Peter Tatchell and the like will waste a lifetime trying to change attitudes. They lobby the governments of the day to bring in this law and that law, but all they're doing is getting-one-over on people just for the sake of it.

Peter Tatchell and the like will waste a lifetime trying to change attitudes. They lobby the governments of the day to bring in this law and that law, but all they're doing is getting-one-over on people just for the sake of it.

Getting one over on people?

Civil partnerships?

Removing discrimination in the armed forces?

Seeking recognition of the hate directed against them, by making hate crimes against homosexuals an offence under the Criminal Justice Act?

Which of these is about 'getting-one-over on people just for the sake of it' ? :huh:

Archived