More positive news about muslims..gay muslim marriages

Deuteronomy is also part of the Christian holy work.

Not according to some (just wait for the fundies to crawl out of the woodwork).

Why is it that to be Gay is considered enlightened?

No one's said that.

Its not being gay thats enlightened its allowing gay people the same rights in society (ie not stoning them to death or locking them up) that is enlightened.

That's saved me a whole shed load of typing.:thumbsup:.

Yes, people make mistakes and you are laughing at him.

Some "mistakes" are hilarious (as in this case).

If he hadn't made himself look like a demented, raving homophobe by using quotes from the bibble in a tattoo (something forbidden in the same book) then we wouldn't have anything to laugh at.

Well put Kaimani and Radar.Be gay if you want just do not push being gay progressive it is not.

Being gay may not be "progressive" acceptance of people who are different to ourselves, most definitely is progressive. So is affording people who are different to us the same rights as the rest of us is, again, most definitely progressive.

I wonder if they allow gay couples at this Muslim B&B in Brighton.

If they don't/won't, then they'll be breaking the same laws as the idiotic christians did when they refused entry to the gay couple who had booked a room and were turned away.

Its not being gay thats enlightened its allowing gay people the same rights in society (ie not stoning them to death or locking them up) that is enlightened.

Going back to the OP I dont see what is so great about this story. Small section of religious group proves not so bigoted as the rest of it. Big deal. Some Christians allow abortions but it doesn't make me feel any better or give me any hope for the ones who witch-hunt anyone to do with them.

It says clearly no pork :D

Talking about Pork. There's a sign in the dining room in the school where I work under each meal that says "halal and non halal meat available". It always raises a smile when Pork is on the menu and the sign is still underneath.:D

Talking about Pork. There's a sign in the dining room in the school where I work under each meal that says "halal and non halal meat available". It always raises a smile when Pork is on the menu and the sign is still underneath.:D

I can understand it raising a smile the first sixty or seventy times, after that it would pall a bit I guess, but each to his own.

I can understand it raising a smile the first sixty or seventy times, after that it would pall a bit I guess, but each to his own.

It makes me smile even more when the Muslim kids ask for halal and are told that it's not available so just have the Pork anyway!:cool:;):hihi:

No one's said that.

You may then have missed reading the post I quoted and the one you replied to a tiny section of (post#31.)

The quote of what I was replying to sir

Originally Posted by Nagel

I imagine Islam will modernise and adapt if it wants to survive, in the way Christianity has. You can't keep these archaic views in the 21st century and I expect huge changes in Islam as the current generation exposed to the enlightened views of the west grows up.

Archived