More positive news about muslims..gay muslim marriages

This is what he said and there are many smokers who said the same thing when they were blowing smoke in peoples faces. It is simple good manners not to cause offence.

Smoking and homosexuality are not directly comparable in the way you suggest Grahame.

People are born gay - they aren't born smokers.

Smoking and homosexuality are not directly comparable in the way you suggest Grahame.

People are born gay - they aren't born smokers.

That is not what I am saying. I am talking about how people behave in public and how they flaunt themselves and create waves like many gay people do which is what steiner was commenting on.

That is not what I am saying. I am talking about how people behave in public and how they flaunt themselves and create waves like many gay people do which is what steiner was commenting on.

What sort of public behaviours do many homosexuals indulge in which would cause offence?

What sort of public behaviours do many homosexuals indulge in which would cause offence?

Just lets say that people are very quick to talk about respect but they show scant respect for others. That is all I am saying except there are social norms. To be honest I don't want to know about peoples sexuality and I am sure there are many others who feel the same way. Neither can I understand why people want to keep broadcasting it.

I am going to work now and that is all I have to say.

Just lets say that people are very quick to talk about respect but they show scant respect for others. That is all I am saying except there are social norms. To be honest I don't want to know about peoples sexuality and I am sure there are many others who feel the same way. Neither can I understand why people want to keep broadcasting it.

I am going to work now and that is all I have to say.

So you can't actually say what it is that many gay people do publically, but you still find it disresoectful?

Very odd - if so many gay people behave in such a provocative I'd have thought you could at least find it easy to say what it is.

I'll take a guess here, since you're busy. You just have an irrational dislike of homosexuals and the very thought makes you feel strange. Fair enough, but no need to invent stuff as well, eh?

No one knows who has put up those 'Gay Free Zone' posters. There's a persistent rumour that they have been put up by the EDL in order to stir up anti-muslim feelings, which seems at least plausible to me.

I'm also prepared to believe they have been put up by homophobic muslims, but the truth definitely needs to be found out.

it does beg the question that if Muslim group did put them up then why isn't that the case in other Muslim dominant areas? If they would put up posters then they would not hide in a cloud of anonimity but would be on the street corner backing up their threat. I recall Muslims actively campaigning to move prostetutes away from a Birmingham suberb with groups of men with placards standing next to the working girls and they lost so much business that the whole area became prostitute free. This evidently is work of some coward who wants to create an impression without showing their own faces and most likely those who harbour hate towards Muslims. Why not live and let live?

If Muslims have such hate for Gays then there would be same thing happening accross the country wherever Muslims live and more to the point there would be no Gays in Muslim majority countries like Pakistan and Egypt etc.

What about the overwhelming majority of gay people who just want to live their lives, without interference from anyone else? The ones who don't push their gay-ness? They don't say to us "straighties" you can't be straight!

Why should it matter, one jot, what orientation consenting adults have toward each other?

Okay, so two chaps, or two women, might walk down the street holding hands. O-M-G, the world is going to end!!!

I mean, for goodness sake, who exactly are they hurting?

It's not as if they are actually having sex in public...

(and as for the "parading" quip:- I know quite a few gay people who no-one would clock as being gay, never in a million years.

So someone using text speak on here or bad language for example is acceptable and it doesn't matter if people are offended?

As Halibut said, you really do have difficulty with grasping logic.

Using textspeak on here is against the rules, because it excludes people from participating fully in the life of the Forum, and the debates/ discussions. The blind or partially sighted members who use speech-text recognition software are unable to "read" the comments made in text, as the software doesn't recognise "textspeak". It's unfair to them.

That's what's being called "inclusive".

Someone who is gay has as much right to love as the next person. Denying them that right is exclusionary (If that's a word!)

Bert loving Gert, Bert loving Fred, or Gert loving Freda has absolutely no bearing on your life, no impingement. If you live at number 12, what goes on between the consenting adults, next door at number 14, is of no consequence to you. (noise bye-laws and what-have you excluded, of course)

Your life is not affected just because the couple happen to be of the same gender. They aren't saying you can't be straight, and live your life without interference.

Archived