My Mate Has Saved £200,000.

MAC33

i copied this from another forum,

Started working when he was 16 years old.

He is 30 years old now.

Worked for min wage - when he was about 16 to 18 years old.

And saved and saved.

During this time - we went to town - went to Burger King - I had the works - Double Whopper with Cheese - Fries - Extra Large Coke - Choclate Donut.

He gave himself a rare treat too - but only spalshed out on a single Junior Burger - and refused to buy the whole meal.

He went on the dole then from about 19 years old to 23 years old - and just saved and saved and saved.

He never had to pay rent or bills or food - cos he lived with his parents - and they pay for everything.

He treated himself on New years Eve to a few cans to drink - but they were the cheap TESCO LAGER 4 pack.

Since he was about 24 years old - he has held a regular job - and just continued to save and save.

Wears no make clothes.

Has no car - cycles his bike everyhwhere.

And hardly ever spends money.

His bank balance now is over £200,000.

And he continues to live very simply.

i copied this from another forum,

Started working when he was 16 years old.

He is 30 years old now.

Worked for min wage - when he was about 16 to 18 years old.

And saved and saved.

During this time - we went to town - went to Burger King - I had the works - Double Whopper with Cheese - Fries - Extra Large Coke - Choclate Donut.

He gave himself a rare treat too - but only spalshed out on a single Junior Burger - and refused to buy the whole meal.

He went on the dole then from about 19 years old to 23 years old - and just saved and saved and saved.

He never had to pay rent or bills or food - cos he lived with his parents - and they pay for everything.

He treated himself on New years Eve to a few cans to drink - but they were the cheap TESCO LAGER 4 pack.

Since he was about 24 years old - he has held a regular job - and just continued to save and save.

Wears no make clothes.

Has no car - cycles his bike everyhwhere.

And hardly ever spends money.

His bank balance now is over £200,000.

And he continues to live very simply.

Is this Jason? :hihi:

I would have thought he'd have bought his own property by now - maybe sold it a few years later at a profit while continuing to live with his parents.

When he looks back on his life without any social life will he or won't he regret the fun he may have missed out on though?

Still good luck to him he has shown real grit.;)

I would have thought he'd have bought his own property by now - maybe sold it a few years later at a profit while continuing to live with his parents.

When he looks back on his life without any social life will he or won't he regret the fun he may have missed out on though?

Still good luck to him he has shown real grit.;)

Watching Star Trek all day and covered in dettle. No way. The bloke wants taking to the stocks.

don't believe it to be honest, not if the savings have only come from money he's earned in relatively low-paid jobs, or on benefits which seems to be what the OP is claiming. Over the entire 14 years he's saved himself an average of £14,300 for every one of those 14 years, or £274, for every single week, including the four years he was on benefits, and the two years he was doing a minimum wage job. If he could manage to save saved himself an average of £120 a week on average during those six years, for the other eight years, he would have been required to have put by an average of £20,320 a year - almost £400 a week.

if he's used some of his savings to make investments that have made him a profit, I could believe it. Otherwise, no.

don't believe it to be honest, not if the savings have only come from money he's earned in relatively low-paid jobs, or on benefits which seems to be what the OP is claiming. Over the entire 14 years he's saved himself an average of £14,300 for every one of those 14 years, or £274, for every single week, including the four years he was on benefits, and the two years he was doing a minimum wage job. If he could manage to save saved himself an average of £120 a week on average during those six years, for the other eight years, he would have been required to have put by an average of £20,320 a year - almost £400 a week.

if he's used some of his savings to make investments that have made him a profit, I could believe it. Otherwise, no.

Admin / office based Council Job.

Probably after tax - takes home about £17k a year.

Spends maybe £3000 in a year

Saves the reminder £14,000

Saves the reminder £14,000

ok lets say he managed to save £14,000 a year in the eight years he's had the admin job.

how did he managed to save the same amount of money per year, £14,000, in the other six years when he was on benefits and a minimum wage job?

Archived