My Mate Has Saved £200,000.

MAC33

I could have saved well over that amount in that time, but I lived my life.

The same I imagine goes for alot of people, whats the point in saving it if you aint going to do anything with it.

Depends.

The assumption in the last few posts seems to be that money buys a life, or happiness, and we all know that isn't true.

In fact living a life based on money, particularly if it is money one doesn't actually have, can result in a lot of unhappiness.

Okay, the guy in the OP sounds like a real penny pinching misery, but the guy I knew was far from it. He didn't save because he was a miser, he saved merely on account of his circumstances, living with his mum, and because he was sensible enough to not spend merely because he had it.

I think in his case the money did eventually buy him some contentment because he knew he didn't have to work at a job if he didn't enjoy it.

i copied this from another forum,

Started working when he was 16 years old.

He is 30 years old now.

Worked for min wage - when he was about 16 to 18 years old.

And saved and saved.

During this time - we went to town - went to Burger King - I had the works - Double Whopper with Cheese - Fries - Extra Large Coke - Choclate Donut.

He gave himself a rare treat too - but only spalshed out on a single Junior Burger - and refused to buy the whole meal.

He went on the dole then from about 19 years old to 23 years old - and just saved and saved and saved.

He never had to pay rent or bills or food - cos he lived with his parents - and they pay for everything.

He treated himself on New years Eve to a few cans to drink - but they were the cheap TESCO LAGER 4 pack.

Since he was about 24 years old - he has held a regular job - and just continued to save and save.

Wears no make clothes.

Has no car - cycles his bike everyhwhere.

And hardly ever spends money.

His bank balance now is over £200,000.

And he continues to live very simply.

Whats the point of this thread??

so hes a boring, tight-fisted fella whos had no experiences or social life for 14 years but has 200k. So what? i've travelled the world, had tons of great nights out and eaten some great food, plenty of girlfriends that spent my money, never had much in my bank account at any one time. Wouldnt swap places with him to be honest.

i copied this from another forum,

Started working when he was 16 years old.

He is 30 years old now.

Worked for min wage - when he was about 16 to 18 years old.

And saved and saved.

During this time - we went to town - went to Burger King - I had the works - Double Whopper with Cheese - Fries - Extra Large Coke - Choclate Donut.

He gave himself a rare treat too - but only spalshed out on a single Junior Burger - and refused to buy the whole meal.

He went on the dole then from about 19 years old to 23 years old - and just saved and saved and saved.

He never had to pay rent or bills or food - cos he lived with his parents - and they pay for everything.

He treated himself on New years Eve to a few cans to drink - but they were the cheap TESCO LAGER 4 pack.

Since he was about 24 years old - he has held a regular job - and just continued to save and save.

Wears no make clothes.

Has no car - cycles his bike everyhwhere.

And hardly ever spends money.

His bank balance now is over £200,000.

And he continues to live very simply.

He's only had the £17k job for 6 years and saved £14k of that 14k x 6 = 84k- how did he manage to save other 116k from school leaver job and dole money? Anybody can save if they have no life and scrounge of their parents, he's a grown man acting like a 15 year old

Whats the point of this thread??

so hes a boring, tight-fisted fella whos had no experiences or social life for 14 years but has 200k. So what? i've travelled the world, had tons of great nights out and eaten some great food, plenty of girlfriends that spent my money, never had much in my bank account at any one time. Wouldnt swap places with him to be honest.

Well said - he's sponging off his parents and they're letting him. They and he think he's still 15 not a grown man and OP thinks he's some kind of marvel. Has anybody ever told him you can't take it with you and you're a long time dead, he needs to get a life:rant::rant:

Archived