Last Labour government sold 15% of England's public forest

I presume all those people who hit the rage button over the last few weeks about selling off public forests will be sticking to their principles and never voting Labour again since they sold off around 15% of England's public forests, and now the Tories have dropped their plans, have not sold any off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/feb/16/forest-selloff-conservative-policy

Funny how Labour jumped on the bandwagon ain't it? Hypocritical much?

I presume all those people who hit the rage button over the last few weeks about selling off public forests will be sticking to their principles and never voting Labour again since they sold off around 15% of England's public forests, and now the Tories have dropped their plans, have not sold any off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/feb/16/forest-selloff-conservative-policy

Funny how Labour jumped on the bandwagon ain't it? Hypocritical much?

not to metion how many sports fields ?????

in time the labour party will be dust, they owe so many apologies if they started now they would be able to stop in about the year 3000

not to metion how many sports fields ?????in time the labour party will be dust, they owe so many apologies if they started now they would be able to stop in about the year 3000

If you are bothered about sport in schools I assume you were one of those who campaigned against Gove's plans to slash it?

More than 200 playing fields sold off under Labour, Government figures show

Labour ministers have rubberstamped the sale of more than 200 school and community playing fields, official figures have revealed.

By Simon Johnson 7:33PM BST 29 Jul 2009

The party came to power in 1997 promising to protect the green spaces and bringing the then Tory Government's "policy of forcing schools to sell off playing fields to an end."

But statistics published in the Commons Library show 203 pitches have been lost in England and Wales under Labour, with ministers approving 49 sales in the four years since London became the host city for the 2012 Olympics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/5933728/More-than-200-playing-fields-sold-off-under-Labour-Government-figures-show.html

But as regards forests, before jumping to a conclusion I'd be interested to hear the full story behind sales, conditions of sale, investment plans in new and existing forest and how revenues were spent.

I presume all those people who hit the rage button over the last few weeks about selling off public forests

I suspect that a good 99% of them were either totally oblivious of this or chose to blank it out of what is laughingly called their memory.

Four legs good, two legs bad remember?

Are you saying the forests should be cut down and the land used to build houses for immigrants?

No its stating 2 errors they have made that has lost them power and rightly so. And the forest comment was a joke obvioulsy just like labour

Archived