Still Torn.. venue needed for 20/8

Hi all

I am still so completely torn whether to get wed at Gretna Green with only family, followed by a party (reception) a few days later back home (whilst wearing dress, having a cake to cut etc).

If I do decide to stick to 20/8 here then I need a venue for my evening do still and none of the ones I have seen so far are quite what I want but for the budget we have and date I am finding it really hard.

I need somewhere with nice outdoor space, large room with bar and space for DJ/dancefloor. Preferably that allows own catering or is very cheap. At at least £5 per head quoted, with 100 guests, that's £500. I have a chef friend (2) who make brill food and could do it for a fraction of that cost, even paying them a small fee for helping. Plus mum would love to help.

Ski Village my OH didn't like and neither did I on a 2nd visit. Nether Edge hotel is nice enough but no real outside space and a bit too cramped/not enough space to dance etc. Beighton S&L Club was lovely- one big room, plenty of space, bar... and cheap as buffet for 60 and Dj inc in price BUT I dunno if it was too clinical for me, no outside space.

Of course, if we had a reception/party when back, I would still have the dilemma of venue and cost BUT if I had a lovely wedding day itself, got my prettiness, outdoor space etc, I wouldn;t be as fussy aboutt he venue and would probably still choose the leisure club (if free) or somewhere even cheaper- as it would simply be somewhere to dance, drink and be merry with family and friends.

I am torn... I could marry midweek at GG with close family and possibly his 2 best mates there. Check in in the afternoon ,marry late afternoon, meal at a hotel, drinks, stay over, home in the morning. Then party a few days later.

OR I could marry mid-morning here on the Saturday, meal (dunno where), reception (dunno where).

I am just stuck! All I want is somewhere pretty and big enough for people to mingle and dance that doesn't cost the earth! I will source my own DJ and sort the food and balloons- already found people for all those things if I wed here.

Help!! I am driving myself mad here.. grrrr!

Venues that are booked already are-

Wood Lane CC

Old Rectory

Bradfield Village Hall

Norton Country Club

Norfolk Arms

Skyline Suite (Ponds Forge)

Rutland Hotel

Niagara

Garrison

WhirlowBrook Hall

Hillsborough Club

Royal Victoria Hotel

and a load more I rung...

Not havign much luck I don't think.. whoops!

Hi there,

Just a suggestion, I am an Event Photographer, who attends wedding and social functions, I bring along my professional lights and backdrop to create a studio,I invite your guests to have their picture taken, I show them their pictures on my computer and if they like them, I can print and sell them there and then.

If this is something you may be interested in, PM me and I can give you more details.

Good luck with your wedding.

Kind Regards,

Sue x

have you looked into club baize in beighton for a saturday wedding this year i was quoted 195 inclding d.j. you could bring your own food or have there catering from £5 per head they hold upto 200 guests the lady on the phone was so polite but sadly we decided to hold ours of till next halloween otherwise we would have booked good luck

Archived