Has anyone seen Pat Condell on youtube? ??

I'm 100% positive if a muslim stood up on You tube, told a pack of lies about Christians and said Christians had never contributed anything ever, they'd be howls of outrage from the resident islamaphobes.

That argument might work, if only Pat was a Christian. He isn't, he is an atheist.

I don't think he is racist. He doesn't like Islam, does that make him racist? It isn't compulsory to like Islam, and Islam isn't a race. He's disparaging about Christianity too, obviously though that does not warrant the race card being played against him.

Richard Dawkins describes Islam as "one of the great evils in the world". Is Richard Dawkins racist too?

Can you provide something a little more substantial on why Richard Dawkins describes Islam as one of the great evils in the world? and why he describes Christianity only as "disparaging". Both are religions, both have the same agenda. Why would Dawkins describe one as different to another when the only difference is how men use religion for their own purpose at a given time in history. I would hope Dawkins is far to smart to even imply that both religions have different agendas. To imply that radical men within those religions have separate agendas with the same outcome is quite different.

Can you provide something a little more substantial on why Richard Dawkins describes Islam as one of the great evils in the world? and why he describes Christianity only as "disparaging". Both are religions, both have the same agenda. Why would Dawkins describe one as different to another when the only difference is how men use religion for their own purpose at a given time in history. I would hope Dawkins is far to smart to even imply that both religions have different agendas. To imply that radical men within those religions have separate agendas with the same outcome is quite different.

I couldn't possibly answer for Mr Dawkins, probably best to try here; contact@richarddawkins.net

I don't think he is racist. He doesn't like Islam, does that make him racist? It isn't compulsory to like Islam, and Islam isn't a race. He's disparaging about Christianity too, obviously though that does not warrant the race card being played against him.

Richard Dawkins describes Islam as "one of the great evils in the world". Is Richard Dawkins racist too?

I don't think he's a racist either. He's just as critical, if not more on some issues, of the Christian church, in particular Catholics. He does one amusing, and what would be considered by some, highly offensive, rant about Christmas....

He does make a good point that the word "racist" has no meaning any more because its been over used to shut down debate.

I also enjoy listening to George Galloway just as much as Pat Condell. They're at different ends of the debate, but both very entertaining... I agree with them both in some respects, so I'll become a figure of "hate" by the left and right..:hihi:

Nope.

Racism is racism whether said by an atheist, muslim or flying spaghetti monster.

Fail!

You tried to make a point by 'reversing' the situation of Pat commenting on Islam, with Muslims commenting on Christianity, only it isn't the same because Pat is not a Christian.

Archived