Has anyone seen Pat Condell on youtube? ??

Correct post spot on! !!!

Click on the link I posted, then copied the text from three times:

"Everyone knows that Islam has done absolutely nothing for justice, progress, tolerance, or the dignity of human beings. Is [Obama] kidding? The worst thing you could do is to expose any of those things to the influence of Islam and to claim otherwise is simply a bare-faced lie … A religion of peace? No: a religion of intolerance, of aggression, of phony manufactured grievances, hysterical bullying, unreasonable and manipulative special pleading and privilege-seeking".

This isn't reasoned criticism. It's just five minutes' hate

Pat Condell is a UKIP-supporting barker who thinks the "Ground Zero mosque" (not a mosque, not at Ground Zero) should be blocked and the burka banned.

"Everyone knows that Islam has done absolutely nothing for justice, progress, tolerance, or the dignity of human beings. Is [Obama] kidding? The worst thing you could do is to expose any of those things to the influence of Islam and to claim otherwise is simply a bare-faced lie … A religion of peace? No: a religion of intolerance, of aggression, of phony manufactured grievances, hysterical bullying, unreasonable and manipulative special pleading and privilege-seeking".

Pat Condell is a UKIP-supporting barker who thinks the "Ground Zero mosque" (not a mosque, not at Ground Zero) should be blocked and the burka banned.

I'd agree with what he said about the religion, or any other religion come to think about it. What he hates is the religion and those who carry out atrocities in its name. He's just as critical of other religions, its not personal.

If the building is not a mosque would you agree that if it was a mosque it could upset some people?

I wouldn't agree with much of that. I still feel he's right.

This isn't a matter of opinion!

Condell is wrong.

It's not a mosque.

It's not at Ground Zero.

He's wrong.

Because he attempts, and fails, to demonise all muslims based on the actions of a few nutjobs it's clear his opinion is founded on prejudice, that's why he uses lies to try to bolster his point.

If so what do we think?

i think he's a D*&%k who doesn't say much but just happens to like his own voice. he has nothing new or constructive to say. And the valid points that he does have to say he undoes them with unnecessary vitriol, sarcasm and bile where none is needed. but, he's smart in that he knows his audience and knows he's at work, earning so plays the part. still, he's a d*&^%k

But i think forced marriages are wrong and burkas are wrong and honour killings are wrong and loudspeakers outside mosques are wrong does that make me islamaphobic in your eyes

If you cannot debate the subject without insults, accusations and name calling it will be closed.

Surely this will lead to people getting threads closed easily if they dont like whats being discussed. Wouldnt the right thing to do be to remove offending posts or posters rather than the thread?

If you seriously believe that Islam has never contributed anything to justice, tolerance or the dignity of human beings then I feel desperately sorry for you.

That's not a reasoned opinion, it's blind hatred.

But surely that's the people, who do not need religion as a guide to do what's right or wrong?

If you seriously believe that Islam has never contributed anything to justice, tolerance or the dignity of human beings then I feel desperately sorry for you.

That's not a reasoned opinion, it's blind hatred.

What exactly do you think Islam has contributed to justice, tolerance or human dignity then?

I'm struggling to come up with anything.

Also, I see you have still not been able to justify calling Pat Condell a 'racist twit'. Were you lying earlier when you said it?

Archived