Can facebook be used as evidence to sack someone

right i just need to know somthing

my so has had a lot of problems with his work

& can onley do a minimum of 8 hours a day

due to a problem with his cheast info about it below http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectus_excavatum

he loves his job & it has taken him a while to find a job he

can do without his cheast hurting now they apper

to of been getting rid of a lot of people who apper to be

disabled in one way or another & they tried to say that

they had told him about stoping the 8 hours he dose &

making him do more ( the same as to what others work ) & he

just carnt do it without ending up in a bad way

so they have been trying to find ways of sacking him

now they have come up with te ides that they can

get rid of him becourse he has talked about them on facebook

& are trying to use this as evadencve to get rid of him

he has got his facebook on private but someone who he

thought was his freaind has gone & told them what he has

said & now are trying to use this to sack him can they do this

he is a very good worker he puts his all into this place

& there are people that do sod all & they get treated like

rolyelty & they are just the same as him not managers etc

just a worker shall we say

can someone please tell me whare he stands with this can they

sack him through what they have seen him say on facebook

or is this classed as an invashion of privacey

sorry im going on had a lot i needed to say

If he's brought the company into disrepute with his comments, it matters not a jot where or to whom he made them, or whether the company wasn't supposed to find out.

His only defence against that would be to argue that the comments weren't sufficiently derogatory to justify sacking him. That they were made privately to a few (supposedly!) friends is no defence at all.

If he's brought the company into disrepute with his comments, it matters not a jot where or to whom he made them, or whether the company wasn't supposed to find out.

His only defence against that would be to argue that the comments weren't sufficiently derogatory to justify sacking him. That they were made privately to a few (supposedly!) friends is no defence at all.

I'm afraid this is a hard one, because there was a personal problem that happend to my daughter, involving another girl.

My daughter didn't actuaclly say anything herself via FB, but others did,?? there were no threats of any kind made, but my daughter had the police twice at her door advising her, not to be writing anything about this other girl.

She stated she hadn't, but she still got warned, the police say they take anything thats said on FB, and always follow it up. I couldn't quite believe it, seemed a total waste of police time, with the amount of real crime, and yobs on streets causing havoc in others people lives.

So as I said perhaps they could do .

:confused::confused:do employers not have any rights anymore :confused::confused:

If you mean "employees" ... well, they never did have the right to bring their employers into disrepute by maligning them to other people. On the other hand, I don't know what has actually been said in this case, so I'm not claiming that a sacking would be justified in this case. I can't say.

:confused::confused:do employers not have any rights anymore :confused::confused:

Employees? Of course they do, but they can't breach their contract or do anything that would be regarded as gross misconduct, which is a sackable offence. This includes posting privileged information about their employer, making derogatory comments about colleagues, or posting information that would bring a company into disrepute on Facebook.

I went to a work meet a few months ago, and they specifically talked about fb. Basically, if you are going to be posting drunk pictures of yourself on there, do not affilialiate yourself with the company. If you are posting rude or controversial status updates, do not mention the company. If you are seen to be discrediting the company publicly this will be treated as a conduct issue, and subject to disciplinary process. Obviously this is a different company, however the general rule with fb is do not put anything on there you wouldn't want your boss or mother in law seeing

Archived