Can facebook be used as evidence to sack someone

but shurely that is an invashion of privercey

Facebook cannot be held to be private; and even if it were, defaming your employer in private would still be a sackable offence. (It's not likely to lead to a sacking, but only because your employer doesn't find out about it; not because you haven't committed the offence.)

What this case will come down to is what was said, not where it was said and whether the company was supposed to find out about it. As to what sort of criticism of your company is reasonable comment and what sort would get you fired for misconduct, I cannot tell you that - even if you were to tell us exactly what he did post, I'm still not qualified to answer. If his company really are intending to fire him, his best bet would be to go to the CAB and see if they believe it to be justified based on his comments.

:confused::confused:do employers not have any rights anymore :confused::confused:

he wasent threataning at all in anyway

all he did was chritazise someone about something

That's all that happened with my daughter, other people criticising, the other girl, but she still had police at her door.

It all really does depend on what has been said.

Facebook isn't really "private" though is it, it's like standing on a street corner shouting.

If you have your privacy settings high, it's rather more like carping about your boss to a few friends in the pub.

That can still get you fired, if one of your friends reports back to them or if a chap at the next table overhears you and happens to be a company director (as happened to one chap I used to know). "You weren't supposed to find out about that" is never a defence if somehow they do find out about it.

That's all that happened with my daughter, other people criticising, the other girl, but she still had police at her door.

There's a major distinction between a formal police warning, and the police merely warning you about something. Could it be that an officer was visiting every member of your daughter's/the victim's class to make clear that they needed to be aware of what's not allowed? Or were they specifically singling out your daughter for an official warning?

Based on what you've told us, the latter would be grossly unfair, but the former is perfectly understandable even though your daughter wasn't involved.

There's a major distinction between a formal police warning, and the police merely warning you about something. Could it be that an officer was visiting every member of your daughter's/the victim's class to make clear that they needed to be aware of what's not allowed? Or were they specifically singling out your daughter for an official warning?

Based on what you've told us, the latter would be grossly unfair, but the former is perfectly understandable even though your daughter wasn't involved.

HI Headingnorth, no they only visited, my daughter, there was only one policeman, and it was him that came both times, I even made a joke out of it saying "oh he must fancy you" only in jesture, then he were telling her, what to take to get better as she was poorly, ???? very strange, I thought.

To be honest, the other girl, is putting lots more horrid, satues on FB, but we all just ignore them, have told my daughter to phone up and check re: that policeman, but we have just not bothered as its a watse of time and energy, :confused:

If you have your privacy settings high, it's rather more like carping about your boss to a few friends in the pub.

That can still get you fired, if one of your friends reports back to them or if a chap at the next table overhears you and happens to be a company director (as happened to one chap I used to know). "You weren't supposed to find out about that" is never a defence if somehow they do find out about it.

i carnt say how they found out but you are very close shall we say :)

Archived