Selling on internet (beware)

just had lucky escape i was selling my guitar on the net and someone from italy spotted it. he said he would buy it at the price advertised and another £100 to ship it to italy. sent him a money request via pay pal and he e mailed me to say the money had been taken out of his account and could i now send the guitar. 1 week later still no money and after several rather nasty sounding e mails from him i phoned pay pal guess what they have heard nothing from him, so glad my gut feeling said dont sent item without receiving money. phew

Yeah, I know a friend attempting to sell a drum kit, had a similar thing, it was italy, and they said the same, that they would pay the asking price and pay shipping charges etc.

I had someone on gumtree offer a similar deal for something i was selling not long ago, but they were only in london.

Use VISA, it's a lot easier to track down verified addresses.

Ultimately, if someone wants to rip you off, PayPal makes it very easy. I got targetted by a group of Eastern European XBOX points consters. They are very organised and proved how easy it is to rip people off with PayPal!

I've sold stuff to Italy, but I don't send anything until the money is in my bank account, why would anyone do otherwise, it's Ebay policy to wait for payment before you post.

I was thinking the same, if anyone needs to be warned not to send the item before the money has been received must be dumber than dumb.

just had lucky escape i was selling my guitar on the net and someone from italy spotted it. he said he would buy it at the price advertised and another £100 to ship it to italy. sent him a money request via pay pal and he e mailed me to say the money had been taken out of his account and could i now send the guitar. 1 week later still no money and after several rather nasty sounding e mails from him i phoned pay pal guess what they have heard nothing from him, so glad my gut feeling said dont sent item without receiving money. phew

Don't take this the wrong way.....but are you a midget?

:suspect::suspect:

Archived