Unions. Is there any point?

Genuine question.

I got the details of the retail union and gave them a ring to see if they could help me with a work problem.

All they can do is advise, they cant come with me and represent me, help me in any meaningful way but they are more than happy to take my money.

So the question is, is there any point to being in a union?

Genuine question.

I got the details of the retail union and gave them a ring to see if they could help me with a work problem.

All they can do is advise, they cant come with me and represent me, help me in any meaningful way but they are more than happy to take my money.

So the question is, is there any point to being in a union?

That's odd. My union can.

There is every reason to be in a union. The newly elected Republican governor of Wisconsin wants to end union collective bargaining rights for the State's public workers even though the unions have agreed to forfeit some benefits and agreed to pay more into their pension fund to help ease the states 3 billion dollar deficit.

Now more than ever unions are needed to protect the middle class workers from politicians and big business whose agenda is to turn them into cheap labour while increasing their own profits

The newly elected Republican governor of Wisconsin wants to end union collective bargaining rights for the State's public workers even though the unions have agreed to forfeit some benefits and agreed to pay more into their pension fund to help ease the states 3 billion dollar deficit.

Aha, I wondered what was going on here:

The 100 Best Protest Signs At The Wisconsin Capitol

:hihi:

Aha, I wondered what was going on here:

The 100 Best Protest Signs At The Wisconsin Capitol

:hihi:

Probably hasnt made the news at your end but been in the headlines here for several days now, thousands protesting in the state capital. This isn't just Wisconsin's fight. If this Son of a <removed> Walker gets his way every other Republican State governor will be doing the same thing.

Probably hasnt made the news at your end but been in the headlines here for several days now, thousands protesting in the state capital. This isn't just Wisconsin's fight. If this Son of a <removed> Walker gets his way every other Republican State governor will be doing the same thing.

Well said Harleyman, I've been following this on twitter.

Archived