Seaside this weekend!

Will he expect rides, fairs, and the like, or just a bucket and spade and some sand to dig in?

Southport has some wonderful beaches, but I'm not sure what else there is to entertain a 4-year-old, other than it would be a new place to explore. It's a long, long time since I was 4 years old; it's rather less long since I was last in Southport but things have probably changed a lot since then. :cool:

There's a fun fair at Southport with rides and such. Although I'm not sure what the opening hours would be at this time of year, I have a feeling it's more of a summer only thing but not 100% on that.

There's a fun fair at Southport with rides and such.

No there isn't. Its been closed for ages. There's a crazy golf and model village but that's about it. But that and the second hand bookshop is enough for my 5YO!

Southport is trying to redefine itself as a more upmarket resort. The riff raff go to Blackpool and I like that very much!

Archived