Are you a former member of the armed service?

My Mum is due out of the forces (RAF) in a few months having served nearly 20 years. She did stints in The Falklands, Cyprus, Kuwait (Op Telic) as well as shorter trips to all sorts of other places like Aveano AFB (Italy), Bahrain, UAE.

She's served her country for almost 20 years and I'm so proud of her, but she's looking forward to life as a civvie now!!

My Mum is due out of the forces (RAF) in a few months having served nearly 20 years. She did stints in The Falklands, Cyprus, Kuwait (Op Telic) as well as shorter trips to all sorts of other places like Aveano AFB (Italy), Bahrain, UAE.

She's served her country for almost 20 years and I'm so proud of her, but she's looking forward to life as a civvie now!!

That is impressive lets hear it for mummy MJscuba :).

what rank she get to? whats she going todo when she is out? you going to join up?

what rank she get to? whats she going todo when she is out? you going to join up?

1. Corporal.

2. Play at being grandma for a while.

3. I'm too old for that now, but did once apply to be aircrew in the RAF. All I ever wanted to do was fly. Went through selection at Cranwell, didn't get in, so went away and qualified as a pilot myself, first as a private pilot, then qualified as a commercial pilot.

1. Corporal.

2. Play at being grandma for a while.

3. I'm too old for that now, but did once apply to be aircrew in the RAF. All I ever wanted to do was fly. Went through selection at Cranwell, didn't get in, so went away and qualified as a pilot myself, first as a private pilot, then qualified as a commercial pilot.

just a thought but raf reserve need the right people. an old mate joined at 50.

Archived