Thank You and reg office question re: fees.

Hi all

I just wanted to say thank you for putting up with me for the last week or so as I have posted looooads as you will tell! I wanted to sort everything out ASAP as I have a tonne of other stuff to do- lots of uni work due in, my lovely daughters to spend time with etc as well as the normal daily stuff and i just wanted to get as much organised as possible so that I can relax and forget about it for a bit really!

I still have a fair bit to sort but the main parts are done- the wedding & reception and thanks to this forum I has a ballooon decorator, a DJ and no doubt I will have a car and a photographer soon.

My Q re: reg office is that I understand they are making changes to the rooms and that the fees will be increasing and maybe extended hours on Saturdays. I will find out more myself in the future when they contact me to confirm everything but wondered in the meantime if anyone knows more detail as I have only been to one reg office wedding and can't remember where the room was, are the rooms going to be the same rooms , different rooms, are they decorating them? What's happening?

Thanks

(and MODs, if I am flooding the page, you can remove anything to do with venues or Gretna Green or shift into megathread etc if you like).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi miss s

Me and my OH was down two weeks ago asking this question about fee's,but im not sure about the room's tho? but the woman did show us the rooms it was the rooms at the main enternce, but we had to go the back enternce to ask about cost.Can marry between the hours of 8am-6pm.But thank's for posting this,with them not saying anything about the rooms i wonder to now if they be new fee's?.If i find out before you then i will post here. We was told the fee is.

£33.50 each to give notice of marraige

£40.00 on the day you do get married

£3.50 for the marraige certif

Hiya

I wasn't aware you can marry upto 6pm? I thought it was like 4pm or something weekdays, 11.30 latest Saturdays- I marry on a Sat but was told there may be some changes to the hours. They just said the cost now is about £110 for everything (I paid £20 deposit, not sure if that comes off the cost or is just to secure the time/date???!!)... but that fees could increase, and they are to contact me when things are decided, as then I will have to go give notice as will my H2B etc.... might ring them 2moro x

My Q re: reg office is that I understand they are making changes to the rooms and that the fees will be increasing and maybe extended hours on Saturdays. I will find out more myself in the future when they contact me to confirm everything but wondered in the meantime if anyone knows more detail as I have only been to one reg office wedding and can't remember where the room was, are the rooms going to be the same rooms , different rooms, are they decorating them? What's happening?

You will find your answer here: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/council-meetings/cabinet/agendas-2011/agenda-9th-march-2011

Scroll down the page and click on the third download "8. De-commisioning of Register office ceremony rooms".

The council's Cabinet committee meet on Wed 09 March to consider this item and make a decision on the report.

Hiya

I wasn't aware you can marry upto 6pm? I thought it was like 4pm or something weekdays, 11.30 latest Saturdays- I marry on a Sat but was told there may be some changes to the hours. They just said the cost now is about £110 for everything (I paid £20 deposit, not sure if that comes off the cost or is just to secure the time/date???!!)... but that fees could increase, and they are to contact me when things are decided, as then I will have to go give notice as will my H2B etc.... might ring them 2moro x

I forgot about the £20 deposit, but they told me that was extra cost and was only to be paid if i wanted a time that day we to get married.They told us we have to pay the £33.50 each soon has we booked the day we wanted has im reading what i wrote down what the lady told me.I think i will have to go back and make 100% sure what they told me was right. We was going to book our day that day but told us about the £33.50 fee we have to pay first and we did not have that with us at the time. Also i will have to check the new fee's to just incase the 1st fee has increase from £33.50

Archived