Arbourthorne estate

the blues

:shakes: If you have to ask that, you really dont want to know the answer, believe me.

How about, a couple of weeks ago a man walks into an arcade at Manor Top with a can full of petrol, pours it all over the shop with the staff inside, says 'you wont be coming to work tomorrow' and then puts a match in it. Then walks out again.:loopy:

Stuff like that happens so often round there that this didn't even make the national news. 'nuff said.

:shakes: If you have to ask that, you really dont want to know the answer, believe me.

How about, a couple of weeks ago a man walks into an arcade at Manor Top with a can full of petrol, pours it all over the shop with the staff inside, says 'you wont be coming to work tomorrow' and then puts a match in it. Then walks out again.:loopy:

Stuff like that happens so often round there that this didn't even make the national news. 'nuff said.

so that means everyone around that area is the same ??

no

arbourthorne is like anywhere else there are bad areas and good areas.

so that means everyone around that area is the same ??

no

arbourthorne is like anywhere else there are bad areas and good areas.

I didn't say everyone that lives there is bad. Would you recommend the area then? (a genuine question - not sarcastic)

I dont want this to be an argument or anything, because it'll get this thread pulled. But, given a choice would you live on the Arbourthorne estate rather than somewhere else in Sheffield.

I didn't say everyone that lives there is bad. Would you recommend the area then? (a genuine question - not sarcastic)

I dont want this to be an argument or anything, because it'll get this thread pulled. But, given a choice would you live on the Arbourthorne estate rather than somewhere else in Sheffield.

Where else though ? According to numerous threads on the forum, there's nowhere worth living in Sheffield !:confused:

Public opinion of the area is merely public opinion, however statistics speak for themselves....Taken From the new Police.Uk website here are the crime rates for the arbourthorne area:

All Crime - 449

..................................................................................

Burglary - 25

Anti Social Behaviour - 252

Robbery - 4

Vehicle Crime - 44

Violent Crime - 23

Other Crime - 101

Like most places in Sheffield or for the north for that matter, you have an housing estate consisting of many a teenager who have nowhere to go and nothing to do. They get together around the estate and vent their boredum and frustration through having a pop at eachother and at anyone else or anything else that takes their fancy.

when I first moved to sheffield, I was told that if I drove through Arbourthorne/Manor Top areas, that if I saw a traffic light turn red, that I should keep rolling and not to stop, or the locals will be off with my wheels. :hihi:

I have friends who live there now and I am quite happy to leave my car there over night.... they must live in the nice part of Arbourthorne. :)

Archived