Arbourthorne estate

the blues

im not trying to cause an argument but just because people live on a council estate e.g. arbourthorne doesnt mean they are going to be scum of the earth and turn to crime sure everyone would love to have a top of the range car n live in a nice big house in a posh area but come on if this was the case surely you would expect crime there too? (and unless your looking at that pig flying in the sky crime does happen in the posh areas)

my cousin lived on arbourthorne for years and had no problems.

where ever you live you are going to get trouble there is nowhere that is crime free and trouble free

in my opinion which i can state as i did live with my cousin for a year i moved when i got my own place after having my eldest son arbourthorne depending on which end you are looking at is a perfectly fine place to live

I lived on the Arbourthorne for four years. The majority of the neighbours were fine . Good decent people. The problems are with Sheffield homes and their inability to deal with the families that cause trouble. One family thought they "ruled" the road. They all caused numerous problems including burgulary , car crime and intimidating neighbours. They brought along friends who did the same. That esculated the problems for the area. Sheffield homes move evicted people from area to area . Until they deal with the problem families properly every council estate in Sheffield will suffer.

I lived on the Arbourthorne for four years. The majority of the neighbours were fine . Good decent people. The problems are with Sheffield homes and their inability to deal with the families that cause trouble. One family thought they "ruled" the road. They all caused numerous problems including burgulary , car crime and intimidating neighbours. They brought along friends who did the same. That esculated the problems for the area. Sheffield homes move evicted people from area to area . Until they deal with the problem families properly every council estate in Sheffield will suffer.
But that would cost money so we may aswell sack that.

Has nobody noticed the amount of "odd types" who live in the area? You just have to go to N/field Green and they are out n about, picking there noses and eating it, shouting at themselves, selling co ops meat, outside co op, barmaids battering people outside the boozer.... Its so abnormal to me, more than anything i have ever seen in my whole entire life, after leaving home young,iv seen plenty.

Some really nice folk live amongst it all Im not denying it, but personally when I hear them saying how much they love the place I just want to give their hand a liittle squeeze and say "bless ya, you dont know any different"

Im scared of it.:suspect:

Taken From the new Police.Uk website here are the crime rates for the arbourthorne area

That's reported crime. As a guide it's about as useful as a faulty GPS held upside down.

Muggings go unreported in despair at police [dated 2006]

Six out of ten muggings are never reported because the public have lost faith in the police to do anything, it emerged last night.

If, as research cited by Demos suggests, police are not told of 58 per cent of muggings, the 80,780 offences recorded last year would in reality number 192,000.

LINK

But that would cost money so we may aswell sack that.

Has nobody noticed the amount of "odd types" who live in the area? You just have to go to N/field Green and they are out n about, picking there noses and eating it, shouting at themselves, selling co ops meat, outside co op, barmaids battering people outside the boozer.... Its so abnormal to me, more than anything i have ever seen in my whole entire life, after leaving home young,iv seen plenty.

Some really nice folk live amongst it all Im not denying it, but personally when I hear them saying how much they love the place I just want to give their hand a liittle squeeze and say "bless ya, you dont know any different"

Im scared of it.:suspect:

Probably the best 2 posts reasoned posts i've ever read on here.

Edit: That should have included AMG66's post.

To true, The authorities who are supposed to deal with the toss pots often ignore the problem for as long as they can. They then come up with every excuse in the book to not take action such as[ she has got young kids you know etc etc] In the end its the respectable law abiding residents who have to leave and the nut cases have won again.

To true, The authorities who are supposed to deal with the toss pots often ignore the problem for as long as they can. They then come up with every excuse in the book to not take action such as[ she has got young kids you know etc etc] In the end its the respectable law abiding residents who have to leave and the nut cases have won again.
Spot on love, me and my old man had to leave, we kept ourselves to ourselves, the only issues really ever being with the chav family but it involved kids bullying other kids, which I wont tolerate and so made myself known as the biggest bully of all and the bullying stopped, other than that we were just getting on with trying to bring our kids up, until some little freak down the way decided he wanted to cause bother, there was no stopping him by any authority, and had been active in his role of double bluffing,tormenting and scaring people for 7+ yrs when he started on my family. Hes still doing it to this day, no one seems to care enough to catch him and stop him....

My nan died some months before he started on me and was seriously starting to loose patience with the mentality of the place anyway, I said to her, "please nan help me out of here" a whole series of crazy events took place all of which were a nightmare at the time and ended in my favour.

Thanks so much nan, rest in peace, love:love:you x

Spot on love, me and my old man had to leave, we kept ourselves to ourselves, the only issues really ever being with the chav family but it involved kids bullying other kids, which I wont tolerate and so made myself known as the biggest bully of all and the bullying stopped, other than that we were just getting on with trying to bring our kids up, until some little freak down the way decided he wanted to cause bother, there was no stopping him by any authority, and had been active in his role of double bluffing,tormenting and scaring people for 7+ yrs when he started on my family. Hes still doing it to this day, no one seems to care enough to catch him and stop him....

My nan died some months before he started on me and was seriously starting to loose patience with the mentality of the place anyway, I said to her, "please nan help me out of here" a whole series of crazy events took place all of which were a nightmare at the time and ended in my favour.

Thanks so much nan, rest in peace, love:love:you x

After reading all your posts slagging arbourthorne off i find it rather amusing that you wouldnt stop to think the people of arbourthorne the 'freaks' as you call them might not want you living near them. Maybe its you thats strange not them. As you said keeping yourself to yourself is seen as a sign of ignorence to many. So were you looking down on the other residents is that why they didnt take to you because your a snobby weirdo (just look at your picture ) no wonder people didnt want you there

After reading all your posts slagging arbourthorne off i find it rather amusing that you wouldnt stop to think the people of arbourthorne the 'freaks' as you call them might not want you living near them. Maybe its you thats strange not them. As you said keeping yourself to yourself is seen as a sign of ignorence to many. So were you looking down on the other residents is that why they didnt take to you because your a snobby weirdo (just look at your picture ) no wonder people didnt want you there

Yes I would defanatly have been strange to them as I was brought up at Beaucheif so we spoke a completly different language, I pronounced words, where alot of them would make a sort of grunt..that type of thing, so I would have to agree.:|

As for keeping to ourselves, It just became the cheapest option, I think we had been there a week when the first nintendo got stolen by a 10 year old child, and our kindness to the others only turned into people taking the pee. I recall one occassion taking sandwitches out to a group of young chavs who were playing with my 2 chavs, after grabbing the food from me like they had never eaten before I felt quite sorry for them, then when I went back out to collect to plates and cups one of the chavs was half way through scratching the paintwork of our car, I told the, then 10 year old chav to stop right there buster, but he basically just laughed at me and carried on, car was a mess, his family wasnt, how can I put this?? unarmed lets say! So that type of thing we had to live with, until we stopped our high achieving chavs from being part of it, for their own future well being.:suspect::suspect: I certainly did look down my nose at alot of people of the area, but the people who lived on my road mainly appeared to be hard working people (please note the council time scale for houses on my old rd is 10 yrs and 7 yrs everywhere else) or elderly folk, with just 1 or 2 loosers around, but that makes no difference because directly accross were the flats with the problematics inside them.

Please consider this? Am I slagging the estate of because Im a stuck up snob or am I asking people if they have noticed things, such as the high level of weird people who hang around in comparison with other estates based on my experiences I have? I ask this because yes I was raised in a nice area with a nicer people,(in my oppinion) but what have I gone on to do? live on council estates, I firmly believe that a person should not expect something because they had it given them by their parents and that if they want it then they should go and earn it and have it for themselves, at the same time il eat my own eyeballs if you can find me a person that can just forget how they were raised and feel that estates like Arbourthorne are no different. I only looked down my nose and the people who I could see below it, and doing nothing to change it, at our expence, and was as polite to the rest as I would be in any of the other areas id lived, Millhouses, Beaucheif, netheredge,Brocco bank,meersbrook,Lowedges,woodseats,Arbourthorne...See when I put it like that, you can actually see where I probably left home...look what happend, im no different to most, but far far far better than alot, and dont you try tellin me no different duck.

If you think i am ugly Id prefer it if you didnt say it, we can change where we live, but we cant change what god gave us.:mad:

Now hows about this? my other half of 14 years who works very very hard to look after his family but does not have 20 grand saved for a mortgage, is from the manor!!!!!!!And he doesnt carry a flick knife or a spanner:hihi:

I dont like Arbourthorne because in 2 yrs there was 2 pedaphile incidents involving my children, this topped with the high level of other crimes that will defo not get reported to the police, and just what I saw really, has put me off for life.

Aunty social...... Awaiting a reply that probably has nothing at all to do with what Iv said but all to do with spelling mistakes.:huh:

Archived