Cornish pasties can only be so called if they are made in Cornwall

...I just wonder what other pasties will now be called...

Like you just said above...

...Pasties...

...and Pasties made in Cornwall will be "Cornish Pasties"

It's hardly rocket science.

Edit to add:

I learnt to make pasties in Devon and how to crimp them. Wonder if I'm still allowed to call them Tiddy Oggies?

Only Oggies are Oggies...

...no matter what the EU says. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Cornish pasty is present and known to people since the 13th century and is still a well known food. As the time has passed the Cornish pasty has been re-invented. The size, shape and manufacturing process defer from region to region, but I agree with craigmason Proper Pasty is indeed the best.

Cornish pasty is present and known to people since the 13th century and is still a well known food. As the time has passed the Cornish pasty has been re-invented. The size, shape and manufacturing process defer from region to region, but I agree with craigmason Proper Pasty is indeed the best.

Still crap in pastry then, to suit miners who couldn't see what they were eating in the dark days of mining.:suspect:

I think it works if there is an industry to protect and an area has a long history of producing something, like Parma ham or Feta cheese . It doesn't work when generic ingredients are put together to make something; put together eggs, milk and flour to make a Yorkshire Pudding anywhere in the world, it will still be a Yorkshire Pudding.

but isnt everything made from generic ingrediants?? including cornish pasties?

:suspect:

Archived