Tai Chi for Beginners

This is the perfect session of beginners so don't worry if you've never taken part in Tai Chi before. Why not bring a friend or neighbour and give it a try? Tai Chi is ideal for relaxing the body and mind. It can help improve your flexibility, balance and well being. More information can be found at http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/activitiesforadults or phone 0114 273 4266

There are three sessions currently running:

Every Monday

11:30 am - 12:30 pm

Dore and Totley United Reformed Church, Totley Brook Road

Cost: £2.00 per session - try your first session for free!

Every Monday

1:15 pm - 2:15 pm

Fulwood Scout Hut, 551 Fulwood Road

Cost: £2.00 per session - try your first session for free!

Every Thursday

5:30 pm - 6:30 pm

Victoria Hall Methodist Church, Chapel Walk

Cost: £3.00 per session - try your first session for free!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I'm going to try tai chi for the first time at a session at Victoria Hall tomorrow.

Has anyone else been? Is it easy to pick up? I have some mobility and balance probes but the guy I emailed said there would be something for me to hold on to if I needed too :-)

Hi

How hard it is to pick up will depend on the style and the instructor.........I have done some tai chi which has worked muscles I didn't know I had - at other classes it has been more about "waving my arms around" (still enjoyable but not very "deep") not been to the VH one so cannot comment on that one.

Hope you enjoy it.

Archived