Owning a bicycle

I'm not sure where you get your stats from, or how you get home after work.

I've heard that it rains for 1 in 3 hourly observations in some parts of the uk.

I was dubious about that, but that's the average and it's what I experienced in a year's commute last year. Yes, I am that sad, I kept a rain diary. Think about it, it's very likely to rain that day, but the odds against it raining during your commute is around 30-1 against.

Really, where do those statistics come from? I remember weeks where every single day has been continuous drizzle, which means in a single week you get rained on 10 times!

The stats ring true to me. I bought waterproofs after getting soaked in September and have only really needed them twice since then! Also, I run outside at least four times a week and I can't remember the last time I got wet. I'm always waking up and thinking "God, I'm gonna get soaked today" but somehow manage to cycle through the gaps.

The stats ring true to me. I bought waterproofs after getting soaked in September and have only really needed them twice since then! Also, I run outside at least four times a week and I can't remember the last time I got wet. I'm always waking up and thinking "God, I'm gonna get soaked today" but somehow manage to cycle through the gaps.

I cycled for 6 months and probably only walked in dripping about 4 times in that time. But I got damp many many times.

And that was with taking the tram if it was raining at all in the morning.

I cycle to work all year round, snow and rainy weather included.

Over the past 3 years or so, I can only remember it hammering down with rain a handful of times. I wear a cycle jacket which takes care of the top half, and I've a cheap pair of waterproof trouses which get an occasional outing.

Mosy cycle gear dries out very quickly anyway. Work clothing lives in the locker at work.

Front light bargain:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-hl-el320-led-front-light/

I've ordered one because my Smart Lunar is on the blink. The Cateye has 6000 candle power and is soooooo much more convenient than carrying six thousand candles on your bars.

Is that easily attachable/detachable? without a tool I mean... because I lock my bike up outside my place of work, I need to take my seat cover, drink bottle and lights in with me in case they get stolen.

Archived