Do you get ashamed sometimes of your yorkshire accent

The yorkshire accent is far better than the liverpool or brummie one. Be proud of your accent!

See? When you ask people their pet peeve accent my original accent comes up in the very first sentence most people come up with!

Actually, I'm not Brummie. I'm from the Black Country, so think Noddy Holder rather than Mark Williams.

I've been trying to lose my accent actively since I moved to Sheffield 23 years ago though, so these days I'm just generically 'midland' rather than any specific area.

Once on the same holiday someone remarked on my “lovely” accent so I was a bit chuffed until later in the week someone said “ I cant understand a word you say” :hihi: in answer to your question yes I do try and kerb it a bit when in new company.

thats wat i mean:hihi:

See? When you ask people their pet peeve accent my original accent comes up in the very first sentence most people come up with!

Actually, I'm not Brummie. I'm from the Black Country, so think Noddy Holder rather than Mark Williams.

I've been trying to lose my accent actively since I moved to Sheffield 23 years ago though, so these days I'm just generically 'midland' rather than any specific area.

Fancy a kipper tie? :)

i love noddy holders accent:)

My boyfriend has been steadily losing his Yorkshire accent since he moved in with me (he seems to be adopting my accent more than I have adopted his) however there will be the odd time, often road rage or anger at the xbox where he comes out with a string of words in a strong yorkshire accent which I really can't understand.

Also when he sees someone he knows from a long time ago in the middle of town, it's very odd!

Archived