Do you get ashamed sometimes of your yorkshire accent

I'm the opposite. I lay on the accent really thick when on holiday (so proud you see!). Also best to start any discussion with the BREADCAKE debate hehe!

Me n hubby are moving to Dubai in the next month or so, should be interesting. Our mates are already there (from Donny n Barnsley BTW so we'll probably sound posh compared to them!):hihi:

It's a bread roll!

Better than baps though I suppose, ooh err! Or cob *shudders*

Baps must cause a few problems!

Something I love about Sheffield is how many people think that anyone who's from south of Nottingham speak like they've just walked off the set of Eastenders (there's an example earlier in the thread of "darn sarf").

Something I love about Sheffield is how many people think that anyone who's from south of Nottingham speak like they've just walked off the set of Eastenders (there's an example earlier in the thread of "darn sarf").

Southerners think that anyone north of the Watford Gap keeps ferrets n whippets (only messin!)

I've printed a canvas with Sheffield 'speak' on it, it's on our bedroom wall and I'm taking it with us when we move. Tried to upload a pic but won't work:(

I have also created artwork of Sheffield landmarks past and present. Hole In The Road, Roxy's, Tinsley Towers, Wedding Cake, Cheese Grater etc. I will try and put pics on here when I can fathom how the chuffing thing works!

Gonna bed now, reyt knackered! Relieved to talk to someone nice. I'm relativily new to this and it's a bit scary especially when you read nasty replies from some people

Im not ashamed of my Yorkshire accent but I do have to tone it down and slow down the speed when talking to overseas customers.

As an antique dealer I converse with a lot of Americans and they love the Yorkshire dialect but spoken at a normal Sheffield speed they find it hard to catch a lot of whats said, to speak slow and correctly doesnt half sound weird coming from a Yorkshireman.

Archived