Where is the best place to live in Liverpool?

New Brighton has a direct rail link into the city centre, is up and coming, has plenty of flats coming onto the market, and if you get a flat as nice as Mr Strix's sis has just moved into, a sea view to boot!!

She has a 2 double bed newly refurbished flat for £550!

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I am relatively new to the forum as I would also be new to live in Liverpool. I want to know what are the safe areas to live near Liverpool lime street station or Royal liverpool university hospital. I have budget of max 500 pcm and I need a single room apartment.

Regards.

Hi,

I am relatively new to the forum as I would also be new to live in Liverpool. I want to know what are the safe areas to live near Liverpool lime street station or Royal liverpool university hospital. I have budget of max 500 pcm and I need a single room apartment.

Regards.

Anywhere within a half mile of Lime Street is safe, preference for south and west of there. From the Royal, anywhere towards the city centre is fine, going too far into Kensington isn't great.

You might be able to find a city centre one bed apartment for less than 500 pcm, although if you're including bills and council tax in that budget, then maybe not.

I was lucky to find a good private 1-bed rental bang in the centre on Gumtree, but with council tax and bills it still tops 500 pcm, and most people I know pay more than I do for rent in the city centre.

Might be worth considering student areas such as Smithdown Rd., Lark Lane, and possibly Aigburth although that's a bit far from the Royal. If you can handle a short local train commute, most of the suburbs to the North that are accessible by the Merseyrail metro aren't too bad (e.g. Bootle, Crosby).

I'd advise staying away from Princes Park, Toxteth, Croxteth, Anfields, and all but the nearest parts of Kensington to the Royal.

Anywhere within a half mile of Lime Street is safe, preference for south and west of there. From the Royal, anywhere towards the city centre is fine, going too far into Kensington isn't great.

You might be able to find a city centre one bed apartment for less than 500 pcm, although if you're including bills and council tax in that budget, then maybe not.

I was lucky to find a good private 1-bed rental bang in the centre on Gumtree, but with council tax and bills it still tops 500 pcm, and most people I know pay more than I do for rent in the city centre.

Might be worth considering student areas such as Smithdown Rd., Lark Lane, and possibly Aigburth although that's a bit far from the Royal. If you can handle a short local train commute, most of the suburbs to the North that are accessible by the Merseyrail metro aren't too bad (e.g. Bootle, Crosby).

I'd advise staying away from Princes Park, Toxteth, Croxteth, Anfields, and all but the nearest parts of Kensington to the Royal.

Thanks Crayfish for your kind reply. I have few questions. I hope you dont mind to reply them.

1st what about areas like Edge Hill, Wavetree and areas around Women hospital?

Can u brief me about Council Tax? I mean what kind of tax is it?

Lastly, what would be pcm expenditures including utility bills like electricity etc of 2 room apartment in those areas which u have mentioned?

Thanking again for your kind help.

Regards.

Archived