Better off on benefits?

Mush

Long term sick ,but still can manage to get pregnant.She must have good days then.

Learn about what you post about before opening that fat mouth of yours please. There are many things that class as an illness which differ from day to day. Depression and anxiety being two of the main contributors.

It's lovely that you stick to the one newspaper.

So you are saying that from 1997 - 2010 the following never happened

1. New Labour used incapacity to fiddle the unemployment stats
  2. They introduced tutition fees, and began pricing people out of education
  3. Flooded the country with mass immigration
  4. Which forced up house prices (high demand) and lowered wages
  5. Wages were lower, so people in work were priced out of the housing market
  6. Which in turn pushed up the cost of renting
  7. And priced more people out of the renting market
  8. Anti Social and Low level crime soared under New Labour
  9. Which in turn pushed up insurance premiums for people living in poorer areas
  10. Drug use was encouraged under New Labour - with all the problems that go with having druggies everywhere
  11. The hard workers in society were punished by being taxed heavily
  12. The Feckless were rewarded with more money
  13. The cost of fuel more than doubled under New Labour - again hitting the lowest paid the hardest
  14. Education in our society became more devided - the richer you were the better life chances you had
  15. Bogus Colleges and Training Schemes were allowed to flourish under New Labour
  16. Instead of funding bogus Colleges, imagine if we had funded proper apprenticeships - no skills shortages
  17. Society is more violent - knife crime is up (again in the areas where the poorest live)
  18. Council Taxes and other indirect taxes more than doubled since 1997 - hitting the lowest paid in our society

I could go on, but do you see where I'm coming from? New Labour has been the greatest enemy of the working class EVER !!!!! no other political party has ever come close.

I do accept that the 1980s, things did go downhill when industrys shut.

But you have to say, New Labour were in charge from 1997 - 2010, not once did they attempt to throw all that money into creating industry and in turn, well paid jobs for all

It's lovely that you stick to the one newspaper.

10. Drug use was encouraged under New Labour - with all the problems that go with having druggies everywhere
  13. The cost of fuel more than doubled under New Labour - again hitting the lowest paid the hardest
  14. Education in our society became more devided - the richer you were the better life chances you had
  15. Bogus Colleges and Training Schemes were allowed to flourish under New Labour
  16. Instead of funding bogus Colleges, imagine if we had funded proper apprenticeships - no skills shortages
  17. Society is more violent - knife crime is up (again in the areas where the poorest live)
  18. Council Taxes and other indirect taxes more than doubled since 1997 - hitting the lowest paid in our society

I could go on, but do you see where I'm coming from? New Labour has been the greatest enemy of the working class EVER !!!!! no other political party has ever come close.

But you have to say, New Labour were in charge from 1997 - 2010, not once did they attempt to throw all that money into creating industry and in turn, well paid jobs for all

i disagree with a good few of some of the things on your list. but, your basic idea that if you work for minimum wage you're worse off, or, at best, just the same as on benefits can't be argued with. the system as it is proves you right. there's no point working, really, if you're going to get minimum wage, especially if you have kids etc.

As you say, Labour voters just can't (or won't) see it.

while i agree with some of what you put how do you think the condems are going to do things different ?

People on benefits seem to go out more and seem to enjoy life in general.

They do?

I am currently on state benefits after leaving work through illness.

Housing benefit payment is £80 a month less than my rent. My total net benefit per week with JSA is £41, which doesn't even cover food and household essentials.

Hardly the life of riley.

I was earning £13,000 plus OT after leaving school in 1994. Plenty of school-leavers are earning less than that, and plenty more can't find jobs at all.

It's ridiculous to suggest that Labour were not a huge negative on this country, undoubtedly the worst government in the history of Britain, and among the worst in the history of the world. They turned a pleasant country to live into a hell-hole.

Archived